Good Shepherd Lutheran
- Good Shepherd is owned and operated by Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
- We welcome all families living in the Sioux Falls area to take advantage of the unique, Christ-centered education offered at our school, as space is available.
- Neither enrollment nor any other rights, privileges, programs, and activities available to the children will be in any way restricted on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,100|
|Tuition Notes||Good Shepherd also has a non-refundable registration fee of $260.|
The ultimate objective of Christian education must serve to point out the very purpose of life itself—that we exist to praise, glorify, and please God, imperfectly in this life, but perfectly in the next. Our objectives are that every child:
- has a thorough knowledge and understanding of God's Word.
- builds his/her life around faith in the Lord so that all thoughts, words, and deeds exemplify the life of Christ.
- is instructed, in every subject, to develop all the talents God has given for his/her use in the world as he/she does all to the glory of God.
- is prepared through discipline-based instruction for the next step of his/her education.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sioux Falls Grades: PK-6 | 100 students
4100 S Bahnson Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57103
(605)371-1876 0.5 PK-6
- Sioux Falls Grades: PK-K | 65 students
408 W Lotta St Ste 1
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
(605)271-9945 2.2 PK-K
- Sioux Falls Grades: NS | 3 students
3600 S. Duluth Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
(605)334-4220 2.4 NS
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.