Good Shepherd Lutheran
- Good Shepherd is owned and operated by Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
- We welcome all families living in the Sioux Falls area to take advantage of the unique, Christ-centered education offered at our school, as space is available.
- Neither enrollment nor any other rights, privileges, programs, and activities available to the children will be in any way restricted on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,100|
|Tuition Notes||Good Shepherd also has a non-refundable registration fee of $260.|
The ultimate objective of Christian education must serve to point out the very purpose of life itself—that we exist to praise, glorify, and please God, imperfectly in this life, but perfectly in the next. Our objectives are that every child:
- has a thorough knowledge and understanding of God's Word.
- builds his/her life around faith in the Lord so that all thoughts, words, and deeds exemplify the life of Christ.
- is instructed, in every subject, to develop all the talents God has given for his/her use in the world as he/she does all to the glory of God.
- is prepared through discipline-based instruction for the next step of his/her education.
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.