Bethel Lutheran School
Bethel Lutheran School is not only rooted in the comforting and inspiring message of the Gospel but is also an institution accredited by the South Dakota Department of Education.
Bethel offers small class sizes and a multiage setting, both of which offer tremendous benefits to students.
Although test scores are not the focus of its academic goals, Bethel recognizes the high level of achievement of its students.
Students of Bethel have regularly tested above the state norms on standardized tests.
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 22 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,650
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Competitive tuition rates are offered. Please contact the principal for specifics.
- Bethel Lutheran School offers a high-quality Christian education. Why Christian? Because God's Word offers tremendous blessings. It gives real answers and true peace. In the Bible a child hears about everything God has done for her. When a child's study is rooted in God's Word, she will constantly be reminded of why she is here--to live a life of thanks because of God's love for her. By making God's Word its top priority, Bethel enables its students to keep life in perspective and to be motivated to give their best academically, socially, and physically. There is no greater education than a Christian education where a child can grow in the love of God each and every day.Bethel is excited to be able to offer small class sizes. This allows its teachers to focus on the individual needs of their pupils. Its students are in a setting where they are better enabled to stay engaged during the learning process.Bethel employs multiage classrooms which provide a variety of benefits for a wide range of children. These benefits better enable children to develop cognitively, socially, physically, emaotionally, and affectively. Bethel has found that multiage classrooms are a constructive setting for students of any age and that students of varying skill sets and levels are nurtured in such a setting. One blessing of being a private Christian school is that students of Bethel are not "taught to the test." This allows the faculty to dedicate its attention to emphasizing and teaching what is truly important--lessons for life and eternity. Although test scores are not the focus of Bethel's academic goals, it does recognize the high level of achievement of its students. Students of Bethel have regularly tested above the state norms on standardized tests.Bethel Lutheran School is officially accredited in the meaning and interpretation of the law and according to the rules and standards of the Department of Education and Cultural Affairs as established by the South Dakota Board of Education.
Profile last updated: 08/17/2021
Endorse Bethel Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.