Bethel Lutheran School
- Bethel Lutheran School is not only rooted in the comforting and inspiring message of the Gospel but is also an institution accredited by the South Dakota Department of Education.
- Bethel offers small class sizes and a multiage setting, both of which offer tremendous benefits to students.
- Although test scores are not the focus of its academic goals, Bethel recognizes the high level of achievement of its students.
- Students of Bethel have regularly tested above the state norms on standardized tests.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||15 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Competitive tuition rates are offered. Please contact the principal for specifics.|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and FieldBasketball, Track and Field,|
- Bethel Lutheran School offers a high-quality Christian education. Why Christian Because God's Word offers tremendous blessings. It gives real answers and true peace. In the Bible a child hears about everything God has done for her. When a child's study is rooted in God's Word, she will constantly be reminded of why she is here--to live a life of thanks because of God's love for her. By making God's Word its top priority, Bethel enables its students to keep life in perspective and to be motivated to give their best academically, socially, and physically. There is no greater education than a Christian education where a child can grow in the love of God each and every day.Bethel is excited to be able to offer small class sizes. This allows its teachers to focus on the individual needs of their pupils. Its students are in a setting where they are better enabled to stay engaged during the learning process.Bethel employs multiage classrooms which provide a variety of benefits for a wide range of children. These benefits better enable children to develop cognitively, socially, physically, emaotionally, and affectively. Bethel has found that multiage classrooms are a constructive setting for students of any age and that students of varying skill sets and levels are nurtured in such a setting. One blessing of being a private Christian school is that students of Bethel are not "taught to the test." This allows the faculty to dedicate its attention to emphasizing and teaching what is truly important--lessons for life and eternity. Although test scores are not the focus of Bethel's academic goals, it does recognize the high level of achievement of its students. Students of Bethel have regularly tested above the state norms on standardized tests.Bethel Lutheran School is officially accredited in the meaning and interpretation of the law and according to the rules and standards of the Department of Education and Cultural Affairs as established by the South Dakota Board of Education.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sioux Falls Grades: K-8 | 121 students
4800 S Southeastern Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57103
(605)371-0047 6 K-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.