Top South Dakota Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 90 top private schools in South Dakota, serving 14,231 students.
- The average private school tuition is $3,029 for elementary schools (view national tuition averages).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo - SBA is a place where students can grow and learn in a safe, diverse environment.
Christian Center Elementary School Photo - Over 500 people attended the annual Grandparents' Day celebration in October 2007.
Red Cloud High School Photo - Tipi set up in front of Holy Rosary Church, Red Cloud Indian School, Pine Ridge, South Dakota (Pine Ridge Indian Reservation)
Top South Dakota Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools428 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools103 Students2% Minority
- 8 Schools1,028 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools154 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools154 Students4% Minority
- 7 Schools672 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools432 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools67 Students99% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools124 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools81 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools191 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools94 Students29% Minority
- 2 Schools126 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools364 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools1,673 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools97 Students2% Minority
- 24 Schools4,033 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools146 Students100% Minority
- 2 Schools784 Students99% Minority
- 11 Schools2,190 Students19% Minority
- 2 Schools583 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools519 Students6% Minority
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.