Top South Dakota Private Schools
For the 2021 school year, there are 95 top private schools in South Dakota, serving 14,573 students.
The average private school tuition is $3,005 for elementary schools (view national tuition averages).
Minority enrollment is 25% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Christian Center Elementary School Photo - Over 500 people attended the annual Grandparents' Day celebration in October 2007.
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo - Teachers at SBA engage with students in a small classroom setting providing opportunities for individualized attention and instruction that allows for increased academic rigor, and increased student involvement.
Red Cloud High School Photo - Tipi set up in front of Holy Rosary Church, Red Cloud Indian School, Pine Ridge, South Dakota (Pine Ridge Indian Reservation)
Top South Dakota Private Schools by County (2021)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools411 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools102 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools1,369 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools321 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools126 Students4% Minority
- 6 Schools583 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools401 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools94 Students96% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools129 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools2 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools81 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools195 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools94 Students24% Minority
- 2 Schools103 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools364 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools1,724 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools97 Students2% Minority
- 24 Schools4,187 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools143 Students100% Minority
- 3 Schools811 Students100% Minority
- 12 Schools1,911 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools625 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools507 Students6% Minority
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.