Top South Dakota Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 90 top private schools in South Dakota, serving 14,090 students.
- The average private school tuition is $3,029 for elementary schools (view national tuition averages).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo - SBA is a place where students can grow and learn in a safe, diverse environment.
Christian Center Elementary School Photo - Over 500 people attended the annual Grandparents' Day celebration in October 2007.
Top South Dakota Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools428 Students9% Minority
- 2 Schools103 Students2% Minority
- 8 Schools1,028 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools154 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools154 Students4% Minority
- 7 Schools674 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools432 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools67 Students99% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools124 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools10 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools81 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools191 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools94 Students29% Minority
- 2 Schools126 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools334 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools1,681 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools97 Students2% Minority
- 24 Schools4,000 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools146 Students100% Minority
- 2 Schools784 Students99% Minority
- 11 Schools2,074 Students19% Minority
- 2 Schools583 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools519 Students6% Minority
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.