Kamehamaha Schools - Hilo Camp
- With extraordinary foresight, Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop, great-granddaughter and last royal descendant of Kamehameha the Great founded Kamehameha Schools.
- Kamehameha Schools' mission is to fulfill Pauahi's desire to create educational opportunities in perpetuity to improve the capability and well-being of people of Hawaiian ancestry.
- Kamehameha Schools is a dynamic and nurturing learning community committed to educational excellence.
- We assist people of Hawaiian ancestry to achieve their highest potential as “good and industrious men and women.” We do so by contributing to their development as people who are grounded in spiritual and Christian values; intellectually, emotionally, and socially self-reliant; resourceful, resilient, life-long learners; equipped with the skills they need to succeed in endeavors of their choosing; responsible, ethical, contributing members of their multi-cultural and diverse communities, and prepared to practice and perpetuate the Hawaiian values and traditions of Ke Ali‘i Pauahi.
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 72%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hilo Grades: PK-8 | 189 students
190 Ululani St
Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 961-5026 3 PK-8
- Keaau Grades: K-12 | 1136 students
16-714 Volcano Road
Keaau, HI 96749
(808) 982-0008 8.2 K-12
- Keaau Grades: NS-8 | 116 students
15-1834 Maku'u Drive
Keaau, HI 96749
(808) 982-7701 7.3 NS-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.