Kamehameha Schools Hawaii Campus
- Founded in 1887, Kamehameha Schools is a statewide educational system supported by a $6.2 billion trust, endowed by Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop.
- The system includes K-12 campuses on O‘ahu, Hawai‘i, and Maui, and 31 preschool sites statewide.
- The combined 6,715 preschool through grade 12 student enrollment makes Kamehameha the largest independent school system in the United States.
- Kamehameha Schools gives preference to children of Hawaiian ancestry to the extent permitted by law.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||135 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Keaau Grades: NS-8 | 116 students
15-1834 Maku'u Drive
Keaau, HI 96749
(808) 982-7701 1.3 NS-8
- Hilo Grades: PK-8 | 189 students
190 Ululani St
Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 961-5026 8.2 PK-8
- Hilo Grades: K-8 | 340 students
162 Baker Avenue
Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 982-6885 8.2 K-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?