Sacred Hearts School & Early Learning Center
We believe that children learn best when they are having fun and that keiki need room to express themselves creatively in order to thrive.
Our children learn to be active participants in life's journey, to care for each other and for the earth.
We cultivate a learning environment where students can pursue and develop their gifts and their passions and emerge as confident, vibrant, happy young adults.
- We believe that each child is born with a gift. As teachers, it is our role to help uncover that gift and inspire our children to flourish and reach their full potential.We believe that children learn best when they are having fun and that keiki need room to express themselves creatively in order to thrive.We support our children in strengthening their faith.We teach our students to reach for the stars.We cultivate a learning environment where students can pursue and develop their gifts and their passions and emerge as confident, vibrant, happy young adults. At Sacred Hearts, children gain not only the knowledge they need academically but also the knowledge of who they are as human beings. We pass our passion for learning and our passion for living onto our students in the hope that we both inspire and guide them to becoming loving, caring, successful adults. Sacred Hearts School is a non-discriminatory educational institution regarding sex, race, creed, ethnic origin, and special needs. We are a small Catholic school devoted to the intrinsic and intellectual development of our students.
- Through our teachings students develop a respect for others, themselves, and the world in which they live.
- We are devoted to educating all kinds of minds and building a positive learning community.
- Join us in partnership in guiding your child on the journey to becoming a young adult you can be proud of.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 61%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy shirts w/ logo and khaki shorts or plaid skirts or khaki skorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Cross Country, Sailing, VolleyballBallet, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cub Scouts, Science Olympiad, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Beginning Ballet, Honors Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Presidential Fitness Challenge, Sailing classes for 8th Graders, Seasonal Volleyball and Cross Country Track
Our children learn
- to love and respect each other and the world around them
- to be more than just passengers on the journey of life, but active participants
- to care for their mind, their spitit, their body
- to love and protect the earth and their fellow man
- to be followers of Jesus, not just in words, but in actions
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.