Sprucetree Montessori School
Spruce Tree Montessori School is the first private Montessori elementary school in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Spruce Tree offers a traditional Montessori early childhood programming (ages 2.5 - 6) as well as an elementary program for children ages 6 - 12.
Our curriculum provides an inspiring learning environment using proven Montessori techniques, approved Montessori materials and its classrooms are guided by experienced, credentialed Montessori teachers.
The Montessori approach provides sound academic background for the establishment of critical thinking, problem solving and cooperative learning skills.
We offer enrichment programming in music and foreign language, coding and logic skills, and art.
Our goal is to support the development of each child in all areas – academically, socially, physically, and emotionally in an effort to educate the “whole child.”.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked AK School
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 83 students
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 30 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Sprucetree Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Alaska for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Mar. 30 / rolling
Elementary tuition: $10480 Primary tuition: $8400 Primary tuition, half day: $6760
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- Montessori The philosophy of the Montessori method is first and foremost to respect the child. Over a century ago, Dr. Maria Montessori became Italy’s first female physician. Her focus soon shifted to better understanding the learning process of children. The Montessori method of education developed based upon Montessori’s clinical observations of children and the ease at which they naturally learn. Montessori recognized that young children possess a remarkable ability to absorb the world around them. Spruce Tree Montessori School is true and consistent with the Montessori method. The uniqueness of each child is emphasized and fostered in our well-prepared classrooms, which are designed to promote the development of emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs. One of the most distinguishing features of the Montessori method is its extensive use of manipulative items. Our classrooms are filled with materials that encourage a natural curiosity among children who are eager to choose activities in all areas of our curriculum. The result is confident, happy children that carry a love of learning with them for a lifetime. We pride ourselves on providing a traditional Montessori program to families and their children in our community.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Sprucetree Montessori School?
The acceptance rate of Sprucetree Montessori School is 90%, which is lower than the national average of 94%.
What is Sprucetree Montessori School's ranking?
Sprucetree Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Alaska for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Sprucetree Montessori School?
The application deadline for Sprucetree Montessori School is Mar. 30 / rolling (applications are due on Mar. 30 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Sprucetree Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.