Sprucetree Montessori School
Tel: (907) 479-8733
- Spruce Tree Montessori School is the first private Montessori elementary school in Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Spruce Tree offers a traditional Montessori early childhood programming (ages 2.5 - 6) as well as an elementary program for children ages 6 - 12.
- Our curriculum provides an inspiring learning environment using proven Montessori techniques, approved Montessori materials and its classrooms are guided by experienced, credentialed Montessori teachers.
- The Montessori approach provides sound academic background for the establishment of critical thinking, problem solving and cooperative learning skills.
- We offer enrichment programming in music and foreign language, coding and logic skills, and art.
- Our goal is to support the development of each child in all areas – academically, socially, physically, and emotionally in an effort to educate the “whole child.”.
Sprucetree Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 30 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary tuition: $10480 Primary tuition: $8400 Primary tuition, half day: $6760|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sabrina Binkley|
- Montessori The philosophy of the Montessori method is first and foremost to respect the child. Over a century ago, Dr. Maria Montessori became Italy’s first female physician. Her focus soon shifted to better understanding the learning process of children. The Montessori method of education developed based upon Montessori’s clinical observations of children and the ease at which they naturally learn. Montessori recognized that young children possess a remarkable ability to absorb the world around them. Spruce Tree Montessori School is true and consistent with the Montessori method. The uniqueness of each child is emphasized and fostered in our well-prepared classrooms, which are designed to promote the development of emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs. One of the most distinguishing features of the Montessori method is its extensive use of manipulative items. Our classrooms are filled with materials that encourage a natural curiosity among children who are eager to choose activities in all areas of our curriculum. The result is confident, happy children that carry a love of learning with them for a lifetime. We pride ourselves on providing a traditional Montessori program to families and their children in our community.
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.