Fairbanks Montessori Association
Fairbanks Montessori School is a preschool and kindergarten that serves children ages 3-6.
Our mission is to give each child a chance to maximize his or her own potential.
Through self-directed activities in a climate of mutual trust and respect, we provide children with an environment that stimulates social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth.
Our goal is that each child leaves our school with a strong sense of self-worth, an abiding love of learning, a respect for themselves and others, and a healthy independence of action and thought.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 111 students
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition varies according to program chosen (i.e. full days, half days, morning, afternoon, before school care, after school care, etc.)
National avg.: 85%
- True to the Montessori philosophy, FMS classes are multi-aged and focus on individualized learning at the child's pace. As a result, many children are academically ahead of other children their age when they leave FMS simply because they have been given unique opportunities to discover and learn concepts at a faster pace than theey would learn in a group. We are a fully licensed day care facility through the state of Alaska which allows families eligible for day care assistance to choose FMS as their preferred pre-school. Our licensure also ensures that FMS meets all the state requirements for a licensed facility which means parents can rest assured their children are well taken care of and getting a quality Montessori education. Our goal is to "Make the world a better place, one student at a time!"
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Endorse Fairbanks Montessori Association. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.