Fairbanks Montessori Association
Fairbanks Montessori School is a preschool and kindergarten that serves children ages 3-6.
Our mission is to give each child a chance to maximize his or her own potential.
Through self-directed activities in a climate of mutual trust and respect, we provide children with an environment that stimulates social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth.
Our goal is that each child leaves our school with a strong sense of self-worth, an abiding love of learning, a respect for themselves and others, and a healthy independence of action and thought.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 111 students
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition varies according to program chosen (i.e. full days, half days, morning, afternoon, before school care, after school care, etc.)
National avg.: 85%
- True to the Montessori philosophy, FMS classes are multi-aged and focus on individualized learning at the child's pace. As a result, many children are academically ahead of other children their age when they leave FMS simply because they have been given unique opportunities to discover and learn concepts at a faster pace than theey would learn in a group. We are a fully licensed day care facility through the state of Alaska which allows families eligible for day care assistance to choose FMS as their preferred pre-school. Our licensure also ensures that FMS meets all the state requirements for a licensed facility which means parents can rest assured their children are well taken care of and getting a quality Montessori education. Our goal is to "Make the world a better place, one student at a time!"
Endorse Fairbanks Montessori Association. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.