Fairbanks Montessori Association
- Fairbanks Montessori School is a preschool and kindergarten that serves children ages 3-6.
- Our mission is to give each child a chance to maximize his or her own potential.
- Through self-directed activities in a climate of mutual trust and respect, we provide children with an environment that stimulates social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth.
- Our goal is that each child leaves our school with a strong sense of self-worth, an abiding love of learning, a respect for themselves and others, and a healthy independence of action and thought.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to program chosen (i.e. full days, half days, morning, afternoon, before school care, after school care, etc.)|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sarah Robinson|
|Admissions Associate||Karri VanDeventer|
- True to the Montessori philosophy, FMS classes are multi-aged and focus on individualized learning at the child's pace. As a result, many children are academically ahead of other children their age when they leave FMS simply because they have been given unique opportunities to discover and learn concepts at a faster pace than theey would learn in a group. We are a fully licensed day care facility through the state of Alaska which allows families eligible for day care assistance to choose FMS as their preferred pre-school. Our licensure also ensures that FMS meets all the state requirements for a licensed facility which means parents can rest assured their children are well taken care of and getting a quality Montessori education. Our goal is to "Make the world a better place, one student at a time!"
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairbanks Grades: PK-10 | 50 students
1110 20th Ave
Fairbanks, AK 99701
(907)452-7979 1.1 PK-10
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 1909.2 K-12
- Fairbanks Grades: 2-7 | 16 students
1811 Farmers Loop Road
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907)479-2904 5.2 2-7
- Fairbanks Grades: NS-4 | 93 students
2936 Badger Road
Fairbanks, AK 99705
(907)488-0133 12.1 NS-4
- Camp Hill Grades: 6-12 | 69 students
174 Ward Circle
Camp Hill, AL 36830
(256)675-6260 3377.3 6-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.