Fairbanks Montessori Association
- Fairbanks Montessori School is a preschool and kindergarten that serves children ages 3-6.
- Our mission is to give each child a chance to maximize his or her own potential.
- Through self-directed activities in a climate of mutual trust and respect, we provide children with an environment that stimulates social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth.
- Our goal is that each child leaves our school with a strong sense of self-worth, an abiding love of learning, a respect for themselves and others, and a healthy independence of action and thought.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to program chosen (i.e. full days, half days, morning, afternoon, before school care, after school care, etc.)|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sarah Robinson|
|Admissions Associate||Karri VanDeventer|
- True to the Montessori philosophy, FMS classes are multi-aged and focus on individualized learning at the child's pace. As a result, many children are academically ahead of other children their age when they leave FMS simply because they have been given unique opportunities to discover and learn concepts at a faster pace than theey would learn in a group. We are a fully licensed day care facility through the state of Alaska which allows families eligible for day care assistance to choose FMS as their preferred pre-school. Our licensure also ensures that FMS meets all the state requirements for a licensed facility which means parents can rest assured their children are well taken care of and getting a quality Montessori education. Our goal is to "Make the world a better place, one student at a time!"
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairbanks Grades: PK-10 | 50 students
1110 20th Ave
Fairbanks, AK 99701
(907)452-7979 1.1 PK-10
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 1909.2 K-12
- Fairbanks Grades: 2-7 | 16 students
1811 Farmers Loop Road
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907)479-2904 5.2 2-7
- North Pole Grades: PK-8 | 93 students
2936 Badger Road
North Pole, AK 99705
(907)488-0133 12.1 PK-8
- Camp Hill Grades: 6-12 | 69 students
PO Drawer 550
Camp Hill, AL 36850
(256)281-3295 3377.6 6-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.