Top Alaska Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 65 top private schools in Alaska, serving 6,290 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,544 for elementary schools and $6,118 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 93% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Faith Evangelical Lutheran School Photo - Faith Lutheran School and Preschool visit the newly opened Dome.
Holy Rosary Academy Photo - Holy Rosary Academy is an independent school in the Catholic tradition, faithful to the See of Peter, founded and governed by Catholic laity. Founded in the Marian Year 1987, and named in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, it comprises both grammar and secondary education.
Grace Christian School Photo - Senior Walk - on the day of graduation our seniors walk the hall one final time!
Anchor Lutheran School Photo - Students and staff in front of the main entrance of our school, with the cross of Christ lifted above. In our whole program, Jesus is lifted up as the example we follow and the purpose to which we commit ourselves.
Top Alaska Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 22 Schools2,719 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools7 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools31 Students8% Minority
- 12 Schools1,685 Students49% Minority
- 1 Schools4 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools137 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools277 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools617 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools164 Students41% Minority
- 8 Schools511 Students43% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students22% Minority
- 2 Schools29 Students42% Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students9% Minority
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.