Top Alaska Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 66 top private schools in Alaska, serving 6,291 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,514 for elementary schools and $6,118 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 93% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Anchor Lutheran School Photo - Students and staff in front of the main entrance of our school, with the cross of Christ lifted above. In our whole program, Jesus is lifted up as the example we follow and the purpose to which we commit ourselves.
Holy Rosary Academy Photo - Holy Rosary Academy is an independent school in the Catholic tradition, faithful to the See of Peter, founded and governed by Catholic laity. Founded in the Marian Year 1987, and named in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, it comprises both grammar and secondary education.
Faith Evangelical Lutheran School Photo - Faith Lutheran School and Preschool visit the newly opened Dome.
Grace Christian School Photo - Senior Walk - on the day of graduation our seniors walk the hall one final time!
Top Alaska Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 23 Schools2,759 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools7 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools31 Students8% Minority
- 12 Schools1,685 Students49% Minority
- 1 Schools4 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools137 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools277 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools599 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools164 Students41% Minority
- 8 Schools511 Students43% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students22% Minority
- 2 Schools29 Students42% Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students9% Minority
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.