Top Alaska Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 65 top private schools in Alaska, serving 6,276 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,544 for elementary schools and $6,118 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 93% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Holy Rosary Academy Photo - Holy Rosary Academy is an independent school in the Catholic tradition, faithful to the See of Peter, founded and governed by Catholic laity. Founded in the Marian Year 1987, and named in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, it comprises both grammar and secondary education.
Anchor Lutheran School Photo - Our playground features great facilities, open space, and even a sledding hill. Whether during the "green" or "white" seasons, there is always something to do outside at Anchor!
Faith Evangelical Lutheran School Photo - Faith Lutheran School and Preschool visit the newly opened Dome.
Grace Christian School Photo - Senior Walk - on the day of graduation our seniors walk the hall one final time!
Top Alaska Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 22 Schools2,729 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools7 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools31 Students8% Minority
- 12 Schools1,685 Students49% Minority
- 1 Schools4 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools137 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools277 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools617 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools164 Students41% Minority
- 8 Schools511 Students43% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students22% Minority
- 2 Schools29 Students42% Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students9% Minority
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.