Top Alaska Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 65 top private schools in Alaska, serving 6,280 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,533 for elementary schools and $6,118 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 93% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Faith Evangelical Lutheran School Photo - Faith Lutheran School and Preschool visit the newly opened Dome.
Holy Rosary Academy Photo - Holy Rosary Academy is an independent school in the Catholic tradition, faithful to the See of Peter, founded and governed by Catholic laity. Founded in the Marian Year 1987, and named in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, it comprises both grammar and secondary education.
Anchor Lutheran School Photo - Students and staff in front of the main entrance of our school, with the cross of Christ lifted above. In our whole program, Jesus is lifted up as the example we follow and the purpose to which we commit ourselves.
Top Alaska Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 22 Schools2,719 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools7 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools31 Students8% Minority
- 12 Schools1,685 Students49% Minority
- 1 Schools4 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools137 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools277 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools617 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools164 Students41% Minority
- 8 Schools511 Students43% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students22% Minority
- 2 Schools29 Students42% Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students9% Minority
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.