Top Alaska Private Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 67 top private schools in Alaska, serving 6,070 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,756 for elementary schools and $6,118 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 93% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 28% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Holy Rosary Academy Photo - Holy Rosary Academy is an independent school in the Catholic tradition, faithful to the See of Peter, founded and governed by Catholic laity. Founded in the Marian Year 1987, and named in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, it comprises both grammar and secondary education.
Grace Christian School Photo - Senior Walk - on the day of graduation our seniors walk the hall one final time!
Anchor Lutheran School Photo - Our playground features great facilities, open space, and even a sledding hill. Whether during the "green" or "white" seasons, there is always something to do outside at Anchor!
Top Alaska Private Schools by County (2020-21)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 21 Schools2,627 Students18% Minority
- 1 Schools8 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools23 Students25% Minority
- 14 Schools1,615 Students50% Minority
- 1 Schools4 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools163 Students10% Minority
- 4 Schools282 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools614 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools154 Students28% Minority
- 8 Schools438 Students45% Minority
- 1 Schools12 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students22% Minority
- 2 Schools27 Students58% Minority
- 3 Schools94 Students10% Minority
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?