Pacific Northern Academy
- "We educate students to be exceptional learners and independentthinkers of vision, courage, and integrity."- Pacific NorthernAcademy Mission Statement We expect students to be activeparticipants in their own education, to continually challengethemselves, and to communicate clearly and respectfully.
- From Early Childhood through 8th grade, students learn toutilize good judgment, to treat others with compassion, and to actwith vision, courage, and integrity as they develop intellectuallyand personally.
- Students, teachers and parents at PNA work in partnership tocreate a community of learners dedicated to education.
- We embrace a student-centered approach to learning and we arecommitted to maintaining low teacher to student ratios that enablestudents to have meaningful and personalized interactions withtheir teachers.In addition to core academics, our intellectuallyengaging program includes studio arts, performing arts, Spanish,and physical education for students in Early Childhood throughEighth Grade.
- As we teach students to become critical thinkers, we also teachthem to become leaders and active citizens of the 21stCentury.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Tan or Navy pants and any solid colored collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,965|
|Tuition Notes||A PNA education is a significant and valuable investment in your child's future. Understanding that each family's financial circumstances are unique, PNA offers Indexed Tuition and Extended Payment Plan options for grades K-8. Indexed Tuition supports PNA|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennie Tschappat|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band Program, Basketball, Fencing, Robotics Team, Running Club Band Program, Basketball, Fencing, Robotics Team, Running Club,|
- At Pacific Northern Academy we expect students to be activeparticipants in their own education, communicate clearly andrespectfully and continually challenge themselves. We balance adynamic academic environment with developmentally appropriateactivities and expectations. From Early Kindergarten through 8thgrade, students are taught to use good judgment, to treat otherswith compassion and to act with honor and integrity as they developintellectually and personally. Students, teachers and parents atPNA work in partnership to create a community of learners dedicatedto education. We embrace a student-centered approach to learningand we are committed to maintaining low teacher to student ratiosthat enable students to have meaningful and personalizedinteractions with their teachers. Having smaller classes allowsteachers to challenge students based on their individual academicability, and affords students more opportunities to ask questions,experiment with multiple solutions, learn from hands-on experiencesand engage with other students. Students also have the opportunityto work and learn with students of different ages in activitiesdesigned to encourage mentoring and cross-age learning. In order toteach the whole child, an integral part of our intellectuallychallenging environment is an emphasis on visual arts, performingarts, community service, and cultural diversity. As we teachstudents to become critical thinkers we also teach them to embracetheir responsibility to become leaders and active citizens in theircommunity. As students and teachers with different experiences andperspectives share their ideas and interpretations with others,everyone in our academic community increases their understanding ofthe complexities of a culturally diverse environment, and expandstheir scope of ideas and their ability to confront the difficultiesthat may face them. Committing ourselves to diversity in ouracademic programs and cultural environment, PNA strives torecognize the past and promises a constructive approach to thefuture. Educational Goals:
- To provide an academically challenging college preparatoryprogram for all students
- To develop character, integrity and independence
- To foster a life-long love of learning
- To encourage each child to strive for excellence in allendeavors
- To develop confidence, understanding and responsibility
- To develop respect and love for the processes of thought.Intellectual discipline implies more than obligation, obedience andeffort. It implies not merely competence but depth of thought. Itis as much concerned with the processes of understanding as it iswith the measurement of results. Sometimes its motives are apassion for mastery, sometimes a fascination and love for thesubject studied.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AnchorageGrades: PK-8 | 60 students
5511 O'Malley Road
Anchorage, AK 99507
- AnchorageGrades: K-12 | 607 students
12407 Pintail Street
Anchorage, AK 99516
- AnchorageGrades: NS-12 | 640 students
6401 E Northern Lights Blvd
Anchorage, AK 99504
- AnchorageGrades: PK-6 | 187 students
5001 Northwood Dr
Anchorage, AK 99517
My children have attended this school since 2014 and they are very excited about their education. Both of them love the school. From my perspective as a parent, I can see them growing and learning at PNA. The teachers truly work with me, they are part of my team working to ensure my children thrive as leaders and contributors throughout their lives. Well worth the investment!
- Posted by Parent - Josienne
I love this school it has helped me to build conference in myself and others. Thank you for the wonderful teachers and students that made me build courage and conference.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kayka