Pacific Northern Academy
- Top Ranked AK School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 148 students
- Yearly Tuition: $18,468
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 2 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tan or Navy pants and any solid colored collared shirt.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Geography club, LEGO Robotics Club, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Lab, Band Program, Rock/Jazz Combo Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Students, teachers, and parents at PNA work in partnership to create a community of learners dedicated to education. We embrace a student-centered approach to learning and we are committed to maintaining low teacher to student ratios that enable students to have meaningful and personalized interactions with their teachers. Having smaller classes allows teachers to challenge students based on their individual academic ability, and affords students more opportunities to ask questions, experiment with multiple solutions, learn from hands-on experiences and engage with other students. Students also have the opportunity to work and learn with students of different ages in activities designed to encourage mentoring and cross-age learning.
In order to teach the whole child, an integral part of our intellectually challenging environment is an emphasis on visual arts, performing arts, community service, and cultural diversity. As we teach students to become critical thinkers we also teach them to embrace their responsibility to become leaders and active citizens in their community. As students and teachers with different experiences and perspectives share their ideas and interpretations with others, everyone in our academic community increases their understanding of the complexities of a culturally diverse environment and expands their scope of ideas and their ability to confront the difficulties that may face them. Committing ourselves to diversity in our academic programs and cultural environment, PNA strives to recognize the past and promises a constructive approach to the future.
- To provide an academically challenging program for all students.
- To develop character, integrity, and independence
- To foster a life-long love of learning
- To encourage each child to strive for excellence in all endeavors
- To develop confidence, understanding, and responsibility
- To develop respect and love for the processes of thought. Intellectual discipline implies more than obligation, obedience, and effort. It implies not merely competence but depth of thought. It is as much concerned with the processes of understanding as it is with the measurement of results. Sometimes its motives are a passion for mastery, sometimes a fascination and love for the subject studied.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Pacific Northern Academy cost?
Pacific Northern Academy's tuition is approximately $18,468 for private students and $310 for summer students.
What is the acceptance rate of Pacific Northern Academy?
The acceptance rate of Pacific Northern Academy is 80%, which is lower than the national average of 94%. Pacific Northern Academy's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Alaska with low acceptance rates.
Does Pacific Northern Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, Pacific Northern Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Pacific Northern Academy offer?
Pacific Northern Academy offers 2 interscholastic sports: Cross Country and Nordic Skiing.
What is Pacific Northern Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Pacific Northern Academy?
The application deadline for Pacific Northern Academy is Mar. 2 / rolling (applications are due on Mar. 2 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Pacific Northern Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards