Grace Christian School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (907) 644-2232
Grace Christian School Photo #8 - We have mission teams that go to Alaska, Guatemala, Russia, and more.
- Grace Christian School, founded in 1980, is a rigorous, Christ-centered, college prep program accredited through both the Association of Christian Schools International and the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.
- With 515 students, Grace has earned an excellent reputation for high quality students among our nation's finest colleges, universities and military academies.
- Over 95% of our graduates pursue post-secondary education. Our teachers are professionals who teach, model and disciple in academics, fine arts and competitive athletics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||544 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition|
|Average SAT score||1113|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Clean, neat & modest)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||Full-Day Kindergarten $7925, Elementary $8500, Secondary $9100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Jones|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Lunch Time Bible Studies, STEM Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Elementary After School Sports
- Our vision is to educate leaders who have a passion for Jesus Christ through the integration of faith and learning. Our Mission is to work with the home and church to provide a Christ-centered spiritual, academic, and physical foundation in a nurturing environment to produce citizens who be a transforming influence in their world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Grades: PK-12 | 524 students
6401 E Northern Lights Blvd
Anchorage, AK 99504
(907) 337-9575 6.3 PK-12
- Anchorage Grades: K-12 | 132 students
1010 W Fireweed Lane
Anchorage, AK 99503
(907) 276-5822 6.8 K-12
GCS is an amazing school. My boys are getting an education that will 100% prepare them for life beyond high school. They are loved, nutured, challenged, accepted. I have heard from GCS graduates that their freshman year of college was easy thanks to the rigours of Grace.
- Posted by Parent - mshel
GCS has given my kids the confidence, courage, knowledge to handle all that life brings them. They are taught to examine all subjects through a Biblical lens. They are challenged to be all that God created them to be. I know they will succeed after high school thanks to their education from Grace Christian School.
- Posted by Parent - marne
I like that it is a college preparatory school. I really feel that my son is learning all the right tools to be successful when he moves on. He is very interested in the sports here and they have taught him discipline and structure. The teachers are amazing, they work hard for the students.
- Posted by Parent - nancy
My son is able to take classes that will really prepare him for going off to college. He will be equipped with the right knowledge and work ethic to be successful. He also participates in basketball and track. He has made a good group of friends and loves going to the school.
- Posted by Parent - lizmo
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?