Anchorage Waldorf School
5.00 (1 review)
- The groundwork for Anchorage Waldorf School was laid in 1988 and has since grown into a full-program, independent Waldorf school, offering Waldorf education from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
- We are part of a rapidly growing international community of over 1,000 schools that embrace Waldorf education.
- These schools share a common philosophy that was initially developed by Rudolf Steiner.
- Waldorf Schools are committed to academic excellence and offer their students a rigorous education in preparation for the further education of the child and to meet the challenges of modern life.
- Waldorf pedagogy nurtures healthy emotional development by conveying knowledge experientially as well as academically.
- The heart of the Waldorf philosophy is the belief that education is an artistic process.
- Through our rich curriculum and innovative teaching methods, we address the whole child, working to develop clarity in thought, balance in feeling, and conscience and initiative in action.
- Our Vision is to "spark and nurture the highest potential in humanity" and we feel we are achieving that, one child at a time.
Anchorage Waldorf School places among the top 20% of private schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(comfortable clothing that is not distracting to other students)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,875|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $5289 for 2-day kindergarten to $11875 for grades 1-8. Please see website for tuition assistance options|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jann D. Mylet|
- The Waldorf curriculum provides a rich experience that prepares students to meet the challenges of our world with clarity of thought, a caring heart and confidence to initiate change. We recognize each child's creative potential and engage all children at their unique stages of development. Art, music, movement, handwork, woodwork and drama are integrated with the sciences, humanities, math and language (Russian), giving fuller meaning and depth to the learning environment. This rigorous classical education instills balance and wholeness, mobility of thought, artistic sensitivity, individual judgement, and the courage to act, producing graduates who are prepared not only to meet the future but to shape it.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Grades: K-12 | 146 students
1010 W Fireweed Lane
Anchorage, AK 99503
(907)276-5822 4.6 K-12
I have one daughter in 3rd and one in 7th grade. I love the way my children are respected in school by both students, teachers and staff. They feel like valued members of a community, and I know they will leave the school feeling like they CAN make a difference in the world. I cannot think of another school I would rather have my children go to.
- Posted by Parent - inger
Here is an overview of the private school admissions process, as well as the steps needed to find the right private school for your child.
What do teachers earn? Teachers' salaries vary from state to state, indeed, from school to school.
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.