St. Francis Catholic School
- St. Francis Catholic School's vision is based on providing "Quality Education with Christ as the Focus." We strive to prepare our children for success in a competitive world while building their faith and character.
- St. Francis Catholic School's strategic vision is comprised of three components: Academic Excellence "Quality Education", Faith/Character "Christ as the Focus" and Fiscal Responsibility.
- The children of St. Francis Catholic School will be competing in a global economy.
- It is up to us to prepare them for the challenge.
- This includes not only high quality instruction in reading, math and science, but also skills that will allow them to deal effectively with a rapidly changing world.
- It is important that our students become active, lifelong learners.
- Our students will need the ability to integrate new knowledge into their daily activities.
- St. Francis Catholic School is not only a private school, it is a Catholic school. We hold in utmost importance the development of a Christian attitude and philosophy of life based on the teachings of Christ. We will infuse these teachings into all aspects of the curriculum. St. Francis Catholic School will work to further Christ`s mission by welcoming and encouraging attendance by people of all nationalities and all Christian faiths who recognize the impact of teaching Catholic values as a part of youth formation.
- The financial health of St. Francis Catholic School is important in ensuring St. Francis Catholic School is available to future generations.
- Enrollment is an important component of the financial health of St. Francis Catholic School.
- St. Francis Catholic School will strive to ensure that a Catholic education is available to everyone whose values are aligned with the school vision.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(red, white, or blue button shirt with navy trousers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,163|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$884|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amanda Speese|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Battle of the Books, LEGO League, Math Bee
Arts and Music Programs:
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marshalltown Grades: 3-12 | 12 students
1008 E Olive St
Marshalltown, IA 50158
(641)752-5426 1.1 3-12
- Marshalltown Grades: K-8 | 68 students
3901 S. Center
Marshalltown, IA 50158
(641)753-8824 1.4 K-8
- Grinnell Grades: K-9 | 36 students
201 380th Ave
Grinnell, IA 50112
(641)236-3000 21.5 K-9
- Newton Grades: K-8 | 84 students
1710 N 11th Avenue E
Newton, IA 50208
(641)792-1924 22.8 K-8
- New Providence Grades: 9-10 | 4 students
26866 Co Highway S55
New Providence, IA 50206 23.4 9-10
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.