Newton Christian School
Tel: (641) 792-1924
Newton Christian School Photo #2 - Newton Christian students and staff receive a Smartboard from Newton's Hy-Vee.
Newton Christian School Photo #3 - Newton Christian students pose with the boxes for Operation Christmas Child.
- Newton Christian School is a community of families, staff and friends working together to provide the students with a loving, nurturing environment which promotes strong academic development. Here the students learn by example and Bible-directed instruction to know God better.
- They learn to see His sustaining hand in Creation, to honor Him, and to be equipped with the skill and insight for service to God and their community.
- At Newton Christian School we strive to incorporate Christ and biblical truth into our entire curriculum.
- During chapels, all students join together to worship God in prayer, singing and devotions.
- Throughout all aspects of their education, students are challenged to pursue excellence--academically, morally and spiritually.
- One of the ways in which we achieve academic excellence is to make the "basics" a priority in our curriculum.
- This includes teaching phonics in our reading program and facts in our math program.
- The multi-grade classrooms and low student-teacher ratio allow individualized instruction and cooperative learning experiences.
- Our students, beginning in kindergarten and continuing through eighth grade are encouraged to develop disciplined study habits that will serve them through life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||With resource teacher and in partnership with public schools|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Check out our website|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Lego League, Private Music Lessons|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Drama Club, Ping Pong Club, Sewing Club
- Application and Interview are required for enrollment
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alton Grades: PK-6 | 54 students
908 6th Ave
Alton, IA 51003
(712) 756-4532 176 PK-6
- Ankeny Grades: PK-12 | 368 students
1604 West 1st St
Ankeny, IA 50023
(515) 965-8114 30.4 PK-12
- Atkins Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
310 3rd Street W
Atkins, IA 52206
(319) 223-5271 59.9 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: PK-12 | 317 students
403 Park Street
Bellevue, IA 52031
(563) 872-3284 139 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.