- "St. Joseph Catholic School opened its doors in 1949. The Precious Blood Sisters were our first teachers, ministering 23 years.
- In 1971, the Sisters of the Congregation of the Humility of Mary began their ministry to students which continued for the next 18 years.
- Today we are extremely proud of our highly dedicated, spiritual, and talented teaching staff.
- Our educational program includes Kindergarten through Eighth, in addition to an exceptional preschool program for three and four year olds.
- We also offer an alternative to Kindergarten within the preschool program; Developmental Kindergarten.
- This program is designed for those students who may miss the September 15th cut off date for Kindergarten enrollment, or for those families who simply elect to wait another year.
- Our mission, as well as that of the Diocese of Des Moines Schools, is to provide a meaningful educational experience for our children and adolescents, in an environment integrated with Gospel values which nurture faith, community, prayer and service.
- We believe that we provide a warm and caring environment for students and that they are challenged to learn the essential curriculum regardless of learning rate or style.
- We teach the value of human dignity and the concepts of peace and justice, which therefore enable our students to become involved participants in our global society.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Des MoinesGrades: PK-8 | 356 students
16 Columbus Ave
Des Moines, IA 50315
Des MoinesGrades: PK-8 | 275 students
4320 Grand Ave
Des Moines, IA 50312
Des MoinesGrades: PK-8 | 329 students
5810 Carpenter Ave
Des Moines, IA 50311
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.