St John Orthodox Christian School
Tel: (907) 696-3920
- Saint John Orthodox Christian School has been in continuous operation for more than 20 years by families seeking a loving, Christian environment and a solid academic curriculum for their children.
- As a ministry of Saint John Orthodox Cathedral, the school is situated in a quiet, beautiful setting on the church grounds.
- The mission of Saint John Orthodox Christian School is to provide an excellent academic education for grades pre-kindergarten through sixth grade, within the safe, nurturing Christian environment of the Saint John Cathedral community.
- We believe that the education and character formation of children is best accomplished through a partnership of home, school and church.
- Children learn best in a safe, caring environment and in small classes where they can receive the individual attention they need.
- We believe an excellent education prepares a child academically, spiritually and socially.
- At Saint John Orthodox Christian School, children are encouraged to give back to the community as well as receive from it.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Eagle River Grades: K-12 | 74 students
10336 E Eagle River Loop Rd
Eagle River, AK 99577
(907) 244-0927 3.3 K-12
- Anchorage Grades: PK-K | 50 students
1000 West Twentieth Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99503
(907) 272-5999 16.5 PK-K
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?