St Margaret Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- Saint Margaret's School provides a strong classical curriculum in the areas of academic, aesthetic, social, moral, spiritual and physical in the important formation of the whole child.
- Saint Margaret's School is family oriented in the belief that the family is the first and most important educator of their children and that the school exists to support the family's endeavor to form each child as a citizen of this world and of the next, most important world.
- The students then go to their roomy, cheerful classrooms for religion class followed by the language arts classes of reading, English, spelling and vocabulary.
- Math, science and social studies, Spanish and Latin make up the other core classes.
- In the afternoon the children participate in the continuation of the core subjects and the enrichment classes of art, music, PE, library, and computers.
- A classical curriculum calls for memory work which is one of the strengths of a young student.
- Saint Margaret's students undertake the challenge of memorizing poetry, psalms, Biblical quotations, important literature, math facts and other material.
- The students are encouraged to read the great classics. The students in grades 3-5 are invited to participate in the Great Books Program whereby they read one of the assigned stories outside of class and then meet to discuss the story.
- In the fall the students enjoy playing volleyball in a volleyball league.
- Later they can join the basketball team and in the spring, participate in track.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverton Grades: PK-8 | 88 students
419 E Park Ave
Riverton, WY 82501
(307)857-5710 0.2 PK-8
- Riverton Grades: PK-K | 80 students
1014 N 8th St W
Riverton, WY 82501
(307)856-7633 1.1 PK-K
- Lander Grades: NS-8 | 17 students
80 Mortimore Ln
Lander, WY 82520 22.1 NS-8
- Thermopolis Grades: 1-7 | 8 students
250 E. Arapahoe
Thermopolis, WY 82443
(307)864-2171 56.3 1-7
- Worland Grades: 8-12 | 59 students
1550 Us Highway 20 S
Worland, WY 82401
(307)347-6144 57.1 8-12
Great atmosphere and staff My daughter seems to thrive with the one on one attention she sometimes needs and takes great pleasure in the group lessons as well. The teachers have a very effective system of directing the kids towards good behavoir and kindness. They also do a wonerful job running fundraisers with parent volunteers to keep the school affordable.
- Posted by Parent - Stef
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?