St. Mary School
- St. Mary's School strives to attain educational excellence by offering a curriculum that challenges the intellectual ability, individual talents and learning style of each student.
- Every student is encouraged to achieve his/her highest level academically.
- There is a faith-community based atmosphere where the faculty and staff work hand-in-hand with the parents to fulfill their responsibilities passing on the Catholic faith to the next generation.
- A full curriculum is provided including all core subjects as well as religion, physical eduction, art, band, and technology.
- St. Mary's School offers many extracurricular sports activities for the students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.
- It is through these activities we teach good sportsmanship and the skills necessary for competition.
- The Sterling Park District and the YMCA offer sports programs for younger children and many of the St. Mary's students participate.
- Football, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, and swim team are among the programs available.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rock Falls Grades: PK-8 | 107 students
701 11th Ave
Rock Falls, IL 61071
(815) 625-1456 1.2 PK-8
- Dixon Grades: PK-8 | 223 students
704 S Peoria Ave
Dixon, IL 61021
(815) 284-6986 11.5 PK-8
- Tampico Grades: K-8 | 85 students
25223 Hahnaman Rd
Tampico, IL 61283
(815) 438-2508 11.7 K-8
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.