St. Paul's Lutheran School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- St. Paul's Lutheran School is a Delaware Stars for Early Success program with a star level 4 rating. We offer part & full day Pre-School and Pre-Kindergarten programs.
- We have partnered with our neighboring schools, McVey Elementary, Newark Charter and Aspira School, to offer an after school program.
- The mission of St. Paul's Lutheran School is to provide a quality education centered on the Gospel of Jesus Christ which, daily provides the experience of God's love and grace; helps nurture each child's faith; provides the opportunity for outreach to families; and honors and nurtures the child's self worth in a way that enables each to reach his or her ultimate potential.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(play clothes recommended)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please inquire to receive tuition and fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Saienni|
- The mission of St. Paul's Lutheran School is to provide a quality education centered on the Gospel of Jesus Christ which daily provides the experience of God's love and grace; helps nurture each child's faith; provides the opportunity for outreach to families; and honors and nurtures the child's self worth in a way that enables each to reach his or her ultimate potential. St. Paul's Lutheran School is a Delaware Stars for Early Success program with a star level 4 rating. We offer part & full day Pre-School and Pre-Kindergarten programs. Our Pre-School Curriculum is derived from The High Scope Curriculum, an individualized program to meet the needs of every child and based on accepted theories of child development. All of our instructional programs include motor skills develoment, social relationship building, math and science awareness, language arts, creative arts expression, and music.
- We have partnered with our neighboring elementary schools, McVey Elementary, Newark Charter School and Aspria Academy to offer a recreational and educational after school program. Extended care activities include arts and crafts, weekly projects, outdoor recreation, music and drama, and homework assistance. A nutritious afternoon snacks are provided for all children enrolled in our program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: K-12 | 160 students
91 Salem Church Rd
Newark, DE 19713
(302)547-2285 1.8 K-12
- Bear Grades: NS-12 | 574 students
1390 Red Lion Road
Bear, DE 19701
(302)834-2526 5.9 NS-12
I highly recommend this preschool to anyone looking to get the most out of learning in a fun environment for their child.
- Posted by Parent - Janelle Bradway
I am so happy I found St. Paul's preschool for my son. The class sizes are small and the teachers are great! The school has great communications with families!!
- Posted by Parent - St. Paul's
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.