The New School
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 26 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,500
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- At The New School, students learn in the way beat suited to them: independently with a mentor, in small groups, or as an apprentice with a master from the larger community. Studies can be pursued experientially and hands on; through discussion, or through reading and research, or a combination of these. In every approach, the development of rigorous thought and articulate expression are essential.
- To become a competent adult, one must practice adult competencies. In addition to intellectual and academic pursuits, students share with the staff the responsibility of managing and maintaining the school: its fiances, physical plant, adminstrative duties, and disciplinary procedures.
- To date, 39 strudents have received diplomas from The New School, 82 % have gone on to higher education and pursued careers as lawyers, economists, chefs, electrical engineers, writers, clothing designers, teachers, computer programmers, botonists, and neuroscientists, among others. Some have through apprenticeships or self-education become carpenters, horse trainers, welders, or farmers, etc. Of the 39 graduates, 44% have started or run their own or others' businesses. The New School is education for the courageous, inquisitive, and independent-minded.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The New School cost?
The New School's tuition is approximately $7,500 for private students.
When is the application deadline for The New School?
The application deadline for The New School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The New School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards