The Independence School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Independence School is an independent, co-educational day school welcoming students age 3 through 8th Grade. "Indy" provides an exceptionally strong academic foundation and so much more. Our unique Learning Applications curriculum guides student to develop critical study and organizational skills, teaches about learning and the brain, and helps Independence become confident independent learners.
- Language arts and math placements accomodate students working both at and above grade level ensuring appropriate challenge and motivation.
- Project-based-learning, STEM experiences, media and technology literacy along with an unparalleled writing curriculum are highlights of the program. Independence graduates are accepted to their top choice high schools, with many earning significant scholarships and awards.
The Independence School places among the top 20% of private schools in Delaware for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Delaware Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer camp costs vary based on selections.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||436 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%