- Caravel Academy is a private, coeducational, independent, non-profit school of approximately 1065 pupils.
- The three year old curriculum stresses social awareness. The children learn to work cooperatively with each other and to appreciate themselves as individuals.
- Positive attitudes and development of high self-esteem are important lower school goals.
- Students learn to accept responsibility for their academic progress and behavior.
- Students who have demonstrated academic excellence, an ability to work independently, and an eagerness to go beyond the basic curriculum are offered the opportunity to participate in enrichment classes.
- In grades 5-8, we continue to emphasize high self-esteem and stress the importance of responsibility through a departmentalized team approach.
- Wide variety of extracurricular activities is offered to all middle schoolers.
- We believe strongly in educating a well-rounded person that beginning in the sixth grade, we require students to participate in one extracurricular activity per year.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BearGrades: NS-12 | 724 students
1390 Red Lion Road
Bear, DE 19701
HockessinGrades: PK-12 | 577 students
6900 Lancaster Pike
Hockessin, DE 19707
WilmingtonGrades: 9-12 | 1250 students
2501 Pike Creek Road
Wilmington, DE 19808
North EastGrades: KG-12 | 470 students
581 S Maryland Ave
North East, MD 21901
DoverGrades: PK-12 | 333 students
1143 E Lebanon Road
Dover, DE 19901