Fairwinds Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (302) 328-7404
Fairwinds Christian School is committed to quality education. Foundationally, Fairwinds Christian School strives to establish in the minds of students that the Bible is the final authority for life.
Children attending Fairwinds Christian School receive a traditional education with challenging academics that are Biblically integrated.
Our small size makes it easy to maintain a family-like atmosphere that encourages the students to thrive and grow.
At Fairwinds Christian School, we are a small school but a big family.
Fairwinds Christian School is a member of the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS) and the Delaware Association of Christian Schools (DACS).
OUR MISSION & VISION We exist to assist parents in the local church in the task of training young people to their fullest potential spiritually, academically, physically, and socially.Fairwinds Christian School promotes a Bible based philosophy that guides young people in developing a consistent and fruitful testimony which will impact a constantly changing world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Average SAT score||1075|
|Average ACT score||20|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 1 / Sep. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,695|
|Tuition Notes||tuition range $5727-$6695|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jill Swigart|
|Admissions Associate||Cindy Armstrong|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
American Christian Honor Society, Drama Team, Student Body Council
Arts and Music Programs:
AACS Fine Arts Competition
- Our mission is to assist parents in the local church in the task of training young people to their fullest potential spiritually, academically, physically, and socially. Fairwinds Christian School promotes a Bible based philosophy that guides young people in developing a consistent and fruitful testimony which will impact a constantly changing world. Fairwinds Christian School is a traditional school with grades PK-3 year olds to 12th grade. All of the subjects are teacher instructed and guided. Our school provides a college preparatory curriculum using the ABeka and Bob Jones text materials.
- Our school offers the benefit of a small classroom size and yet remains competitive in sports. Our boys basketball team has won 6 Championship titles within their division.
- Students have been able to challenge their creativity by participating in annual music programs, art classes, and dinner theatres.
- Come see what is happening at Fairwinds Christian School where we strive to make students academically strong and spiritually mature!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bear Grades: NS-12 | 574 students
1390 Red Lion Road
Bear, DE 19701
(302) 834-2526 3.4 NS-12
- Bear Grades: NS-12 | 199 students
2880 Summit Bridge Rd
Bear, DE 19701
(302) 392-1090 6.3 NS-12
- Bear Grades: K-12 | 85 students
2370 Red Lion Rd
Bear, DE 19701
(302) 838-9601 5.4 K-12
- Bear Grades: PK-12 | 1117 students
2801 Del Laws Rd
Bear, DE 19701
(302) 834-8938 4.8 PK-12
Great school, fantastic teachers, principal is amazingly patient and caring towards students .
- Posted by Parent - Joean
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.