Tel: (302) 836-1411
TLK Academy is a private coed elementary school focusing on children in pre-k through 5th grade.
We support each child as they develop and learn new skills.
Our unique environment allows children to be successful and reach their full potential.
A solid early learning foundation is key to being a successful student.TLK's Academy's learning environment is constructed to promote the development of the whole child.
We focus on academic achievements as well as social/emotional and physical well being.
Children are encouraged to develop independence, responsibility, and compassion through a variety of learning activities and oportunities.
The opportunities for growth and development are enhanced by the family atomosphere throughout the school.
This unique enviornment allows for personal relationships and a love for life long learning to develop.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,300|
|Tuition Notes||Extended care is available at an additional cost. Different payment plans accepted|
|Admissions Director||Julie Johnson|
|Admissions Associate||Jill Foster|
- Language Arts
- reading and writing strategies are taught through a variety of methods to meet the many diverse learning styles
- Houghton Mifflin reading and phonics program provides a balance of phonics and whole language approach Math
- The Saxon Math Program allows for students to learn concepts through hands on experiences, discussion, and exploration. Science
- The science program is taught through inquiry based learning
- The hands on approach enables students to discover concepts and apply them to new situations Social Studies
- Students have the opportunity to engage in hands on cooperative learning experiences, presentations, and comparisons to develop a clearer understanding of units taught. Related Arts
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: K-8 | 73 students
302 Darling St
Newark, DE 19702
(302) 737-8260 3.9 K-8
- Newark Grades: PK-K | 142 students
491 South Harmony Road
Newark, DE 19713
(302) 292-3529 6.5 PK-K
- Newark Grades: NS-8 | 570 students
2451 Frazer Rd
Newark, DE 19702
(302) 838-8850 1.6 NS-8
- Newark Grades: PK-8 | 403 students
82 Possum Park Rd
Newark, DE 19711
(302) 731-2211 6.8 PK-8
- Newark Grades: K-12 | 160 students
91 Salem Church Rd
Newark, DE 19713
(302) 547-2285 5.6 K-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.