5.00 (1 review)
- The mission of Sanford School is to identify and develop the intellectual and creative talents of a diverse group of students.
- Within a caring and supportive college preparatory environment, students are encouraged and challenged to achieve their finest in academics, athletics, and the arts.
- Our ultimate goal is to teach students to live humanely within the Sanford community in order to prepare them to meet the demands and responsibilities of the future in the broader world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Delaware Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||577 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress Code (not uniform) for Middle and Upper School students)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6 / Jan. 29 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Ranges from $11,000 for Half-Day Pre-K to $23,200 for Upper School.|
|Admissions Director||Jaime Morgan|
|Admissions Associate||Heidi McGregor|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Grades: NS-12 | 791 students
2813 W 17th Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
(302)575-0550 6.6 NS-12
- Wilmington Grades: NS-12 | 551 students
1501 Barley Mill Road
Wilmington, DE 19807
(302)998-2292 4.4 NS-12
- Bear Grades: PK-12 | 1117 students
2801 Del Laws Rd
Bear, DE 19701
(302)834-8938 13.2 PK-12
- Wilmington Grades: 9-12 | 658 students
905 N Broom St
Wilmington, DE 19806
(302)421-3739 7.5 9-12
Love it! Very welcoming.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ness
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.