St Sabina Academy
- St. Sabina Academy is the educational outreach ministry of the Faith Community of St. Sabina.
- Therefore, the school shares in the mission of the church and strives to train up Christian children utilizing God's word, the Bible, and the principles found therein.
- St. Sabina Academy is a grade school serving students from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
- The faculty and administration believe that God has a purpose for every child's life.
- St. Sabina Academy is committed to teach our students about the Catholic faith as they participate in religion classes, services and activities; respond to the needs of others by the words we proclaim and by the daily actions of the clergy, school board, administration, faculty, staff and students; use our God-given talents for the benefit of the alf-embracing community of God; organize instruction to assure that students are continuously made aware of their African-American heritage; prepare our students to discover and seek God's purpose for their lives; prepare our students to be positive, productive, independent thinkers and to become "Third Day" leaders in a diverse and technological society; embrace diversity and participating in initiatives that support it in order to help our children relate to all of God's people; and teach our students to apply Christian values in the resolution of conflicts to create peace in our school and communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 174 students
10212 S Vernon Ave
Chicago, IL 60628
(773) 785-2331 3.7 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 565 students
10121 S Longwood Drive
Chicago, IL 60643
(773) 445-7711 3 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 711 students
10200 S Washtenaw Ave
Chicago, IL 60655
(773) 445-4737 3.5 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 152 students
11741 S Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60643
(773) 445-8850 5.2 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 135 students
9037 S Harper Avenue
Chicago, IL 60619
(773) 734-1386 3.9 PK-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.