The Ambrose School
- We are a classical Christian school with 644 students in grades K-12.
- Our teachers are committed to the classical model while offering competitive sports, concurrent credit, graphic design/yearbook, and science.
- Our distinguished academics will challenge your child and they will develop an enthusiasm for learning in our structured and loving classrooms.
- In addition to our traditional, five days a week model of learning, we also offer a hybrid model where students attend two days per week and parents co-teach for three days at home.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||540 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,128|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $3768 for half day kindergarten up to $9128 for high school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angela Johnson|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Mountain Biking, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Golf, Mountain Biking,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Mock trial/debate, Music|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Choir, Drama, Orchestra, Yearbook
- Visit and experience the classical Christian difference at The Ambrose School. Our students study Latin, history, science, math, and the Bible with uncommon depth. Pre-K, half day and all day kindergarten options are available for the upcoming school year. For more information please visit our website (https://TheAmbroseSchool.org) or call (208) 323-3888.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Meridian Grades: NS-8
2020 W. Everest Lane
Meridian, ID 83646
(208) 846-8888 2.2 NS-8
- Boise Grades: 9-12 | 839 students
7009 Franklin Rd
Boise, ID 83709
(208) 375-6010 6.5 9-12
- Caldwell Grades: PK-12 | 240 students
3610 Ustick Rd
Caldwell, ID 83605
(208) 454-8993 14.1 PK-12
Ambrose has been an incredible blessing to our family over the last nine years. Rather than a school we "send our kids too," Ambrose is a partner that comes alongside us in raising our children, both in academics and character. The quantitative data easily demonstrates Ambrose's academic excellence, but it doesn't adequately portray the love of learning that is cultivated by teachers who share their passion for knowledge with the students. Nor do the numbers express the development of character that fosters a "we before me" pursuit. So, yes, my children do love school. Yes, they have been taught to think deeply and speak well. And, yes, sometimes they do have to work hard in order to learn how to do hard things. But, more importantly, they have been surrounded by a community of supporting friends and loving teachers along their journey towards truth, beauty and goodness.
- Posted by Parent - Brenda Brosa
Our three children have attended The Ambrose School over the past 15 years beginning in kindergarten. We now have a graduate, and two high school students. We have walked with the school through many changes and with every change, the school has become an even better place to educate students. There are many opportunities for music, art, media, etc. The success of the mock trial program is unmistakable as the team is repeatedly the state champion or runner-up. The athletic program is top-notch. Most importantly, our children are ready for college. It is evident our oldest, now a junior in college, has succeeded because of the training she received at Ambrose.
- Posted by Parent - dskin