The Ambrose School
5.00 (1 review)
- We are a classical Christian school with about 530 students in grades K-12.
- Our teachers are professional and committed to the classical model while offering competitive sports, AP classes, journalism, and science.
- Our distinguished academics will challenge your child and they will develop an enthusiasm for learning in our structured and loving class rooms.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||525 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Average SAT score||990|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $3200 for half day kindergarten up to $7700 for high school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Herrick|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Mountain Biking, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Bell choir, Chess, Choir, Drama, Journalism, Mock trial/debate, Music, Orchestra, Yearbook|
- Visit and experience the classical Christian difference at The Ambrose School. Our students study Latin, history, science, math, and the Bible with uncommon depth. Half day and all day kindergarten options are available for the upcoming school year. For more information please visit our website (http://www.TheAmbroseSchool.org) or call (208) 323-3888.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boise Grades: 9-12 | 720 students
7009 Franklin Rd
Boise, ID 83709
(208)375-6010 6.5 9-12
- Pocatello Grades: PK-12 | 63 students
1633 Olympus Drive
Pocatello, ID 83201
(208)237-9500 205 PK-12
- Caldwell Grades: PK-12 | 240 students
3610 Ustick Rd
Caldwell, ID 83605
(208)454-8993 14.1 PK-12
Our three children have attended The Ambrose School over the past 15 years beginning in kindergarten. We now have a graduate, and two high school students. We have walked with the school through many changes and with every change, the school has become an even better place to educate students. There are many opportunities for music, art, media, etc. The success of the mock trial program is unmistakable as the team is repeatedly the state champion or runner-up. The athletic program is top-notch. Most importantly, our children are ready for college. It is evident our oldest, now a junior in college, has succeeded because of the training she received at Ambrose.
- Posted by Parent - dskin
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.