The Jefferson School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 99 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
- Why Choose TJS
- Experiential Learning
- The Jefferson School excels in the area of integration of curriculum and in providing "hands-on" learning experiences for its students at their appropriate developmental level. Our students actively participate in their education. We believe that children learn best while observing, listening and taking part in group discussions and projects that engage all their senses.
- Small Classes
- Our commitment to small classes fosters cooperation and respect, allowing our students to become members of a community of learners. We encourage personal relationships between teachers, students and fellow students by allowing them to interact in classrooms with a teacher-student ratio that averages 1:10.
- Responsible Self-Starters
- Students are encouraged to schedule their time, arrange their day, and to complete their assigned and selected work. As a result of these efforts, our students develop a high level of self-discipline, responsibility and maturity.
- Culture of Respect
- One of the most important aspects of TJS is our culture of respect. We believe so strongly that this one standard encompasses all others, we choose to constantly affirm that "Respect Is The Rule" of The Jefferson School.
- We follow the Five Rules of Respect:
- 1. Try to be your best self.
- 2. Use your manners - be polite
- 3. Be responsible for your words
- 4. Be responsible for your actions
- 5. Treat everyone with the same consideration
Endorse The Jefferson School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards