Dover First Christian School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Dover First Christian School Photo #3 - Swimming and Water Safety Lessons at the YMCA each winter season.
Dover First Christian School Photo #4 - Chromebook Technology in the Classroom for all subject areas from Bible to Music to Science
Dover First Christian School Photo #5 - Private guitar lessons as well as private piano lessons. Student in 1st to 2nd learn to play desk bells, students in 3rd-4th learn to play the recorder, and students in grades 5th-8th learn to play hand chimes. Music instruction benefits the student's overall academic performance.
Dover First Christian School Photo #6 - Community Service Activities- These activities help our students to learn to be leaders today by giving back to our community and the world we live in. We pack care packages of personal care items for the shelter, participate in ADRA, send card and messages to those in need, and a host of other programs.
Dover First Christian School Photo #7 - STEM Programming- Our school provides various STEM learning opportunities for all students in grades pre-k to 8th grade. The program includes- Monarch Butterfly Program, Entomology, hands-on science experiments, Lego Technology, chrome books in the classrooms, various art projects, and a host of other learning opportunities.
- Dover First Christian School is a part of the largest Protestant School sytem in the world.
- Come and visit our brand new state of the art school, with advanced security and cutting edge technologies.
- Open enrollment and financial aid is available. Call and set up your educational success consultation today.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(navy pants or uniform dress and school polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 30 / Jul. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,150|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Guitar Lessons, Piano Lessons
- Christ-Centered Character Development and Leadership- Our students develop strong leadership qualities just like David and Esther from Bible times though the use of study tours, community service, technology, and daily devotional time and learning straight from the Bible`s written recordings of history and events.
- Whole Brain Learning- Allows for every learner to have opportunities for visual, auditory, kinesthetic, tactile learning throughout the program. Learning is engaging, independent, cooperative, individualized, and systematic. The education process includes individualized instruction, the use of technology, and study tours to benefit the learner.
- Differentiated Instruction- We know our students come from many backgrounds and learning styles, so we utilize differentiated instruction programming to allow the learners to advance on their individual levels and learning styles propelling them to academic excellence.
- Interactive Classroom Technology- Through the use of technology our students are able to use the most up-to-date and current educational software which allows them to interact via the internet to the Smart Board and tablets. The students create and prepare documents and materials to present assignments, projects and community related events.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dover Grades: PK-12 | 323 students
1143 E Lebanon Road
Dover, DE 19901
(302)697-7860 2.1 PK-12
- Dover Grades: PK-12 | 38 students
401 Kesselring Ave
Dover, DE 19904
(302)678-9190 0.7 PK-12
- Dover Grades: NS-K | 54 students
1200 N Dupont Hwy EH 116
Dover, DE 19901
(302)857-6731 1.1 NS-K
- Dover Grades: PK-6 | 41 students
90 Saulsbury Road
Dover, DE 19904
(302)674-0838 1.3 PK-6
- Dover Grades: PK-8 | 64 students
1156 Walker Road
Dover, DE 19904
(302)734-3767 1.9 PK-8
Dover First Christian School is an answer to my prayers ! I don't believe in public schools, I was worried about where to send my daughter to school, I prayed for an SDA school in my area! God answered my prayers and I praise God!!! My daughter is getting not only a great academic foundation! She is growing in grace and love for the Lord...
- Posted by Parent - DPH
Having attended a public school myself I can honestly say what a relief it is to have the opportunity to be able to send my kids to DFCS. You don't have to look very hard to see what is wrong with public schools, the first being that God is not allowed there. Things that are "acceptable", such as the revealing clothing for girls or the language spoken by the students because we have become accustomed to it is sickening. I am relieved knowing that DFCS has guidelines in place to make my kids learning environment, not only a safe one with the security system/cameras/doors, but also a safe place for them visually speaking and also the language spoken. This to me is very important. Academically I feel that my children are challenged and also are being encouraged to not only think, but actively start planning for their future. Each child at the school has a chrome book and they really seem to help the children stay motivated while learning. My children have never experienced any sort of bullying from their schoolmates, but rather feel as if they are all family there watching over one another. If your wanting a great education, but also value morals and manners as part of your child's education I would highly recommend talking with the staff about enrolling your child. Both my boys have learned so much spiritually as well, learning about the bible and how to apply what they learn in their daily lives. Lastly I would also add, not to be intimidated by the thought of the tuition. There is tuition assistance available and the process was quick and simple! Mom of two boys, ages 11 & 12
- Posted by Parent - jen21
I am so impressed with way that the teachers really care about my child's progress. The teachers assist her in being the best at anything she wants to do in life. They are encouraging her to not only be a good student but an asset to the community. She is learning to how to be a productive citizen that cares for her community as a child and future adult. The teachers truly care and show christian character through example. My child has improved in several subjects through the curriculum and the variety of teaching styles they use to reach my child individually. I am so thankful for DFCS and the dedicated teachers and their goal of proving exceptional christian education.
- Posted by Parent - milse
I am so please with the strong academic foundation my child is receiving . The school really wants your child to learn; not just push them through. When your child comes home and says they love school because the teachers pray with them everyday; it really makes your day. My child also has so many opportunities to enhance her learning through study tours to develop her mind and programs to develop her music skills and leadership skills, so she can be a Christian leader not just for tomorrow, but for today.
- Posted by Parent - dpmil
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.