Holy Cross School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Holy Cross School is proud to be fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Elementary Schools.
- Our school`s vision is to be a community where the educational process is centered on the love of Christ and the development of the whole child. By exposing students to Gospel values, high academic standards and individual expectations, Holy Cross School is committed to preparing and enhancing the personal excellence of each and every student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||414 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,171|
|Tuition Notes||The rate shown above is for Full Tuition. We offer discounts for active Holy Cross Parishioners and Catholics from other parishes, and for multiple children attending Holy Cross.|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Fitness Club, Knitting Club, Math League, Odyssey of the mind, Science Explorers, Solar Sprint, student council, yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- all youth have the opportunity to receive a Catholic Education;
- in the spiritual, moral, and intellectual development of our youth within the framework of the Gospel, the traditions and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church;
- each child is a gift from God. Our Catholic school recognizes individual differences and embraces diversity;
- that a quality education is an active partnership between home, school, and parish;
- that as a Christ-centered school, the administration, faculty, staff, and students strives to model the behavior of Jesus Christ;
- we instill in our students a lifelong commitment to learning and prepare them to be models of Christian values;
- an academically challenging curriculum prepares students for a successful transition to high school;
- that a well-trained, dedicated, and continuously developing staff is vital to the success of the parish school;
- that a clean, safe, and properly maintained facility is essential for the future development of the school;
- and adaptability and innovation are essential for the future development of the school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dover Grades: PK-12 | 349 students
1143 E Lebanon Road
Dover, DE 19901
(302)697-7860 2.4 PK-12
- Dover Grades: PK-12 | 38 students
401 Kesselring Ave
Dover, DE 19904
(302)678-9190 1.4 PK-12
- Dover Grades: PK-6 | 41 students
90 Saulsbury Road
Dover, DE 19904
(302)674-0838 1.3 PK-6
- Dover Grades: PK-8 | 64 students
1156 Walker Road
Dover, DE 19904
(302)734-3767 2 PK-8
- Dover Grades: NS-PK | 128 students
209 S State St
Dover, DE 19901
(302)678-8987 0.4 NS-PK
Excellent school- great education! The best elementary school in Kent County!
- Posted by Parent - Parent of graduate
Holy Cross has been our school for the past 11 years and counting. Our three children have been provided with an excellent, first-class education in an outstanding Catholic and loving environment.
- Posted by Parent - Jessica and Jason Moyer, Magnolia, DE
All my children and grandchildren who live in Dover, have been given the opportunity to grow into Agents of Change in all their endeavors because of Holy Cross School. They are the people they are today because of the caring, professional staff and our clergy. A great place to live, learn and love!
- Posted by Parent - Carmella Jones, Dover, DE
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.