Univ Of Delaware Laboratory Preschool
- The University of Delaware Laboratory Preschool was founded in 1934 as a part of the Child Development Program in the College of Home Economics and has been in continuous operation.
- The Preschool functions as a part of the Individual and Family Studies Department of the College of Human Resources, Education & Public Policy.
- It is designed as a laboratory for University students and faculty.
- The Laboratory Preschool, a nationally accredited program, is a model preschool program whose primary purposes are providing appropriate developmental programs for typical and mainstreamed exceptional children; teaching University students to work with young children through classroom practicum experiences; providing opportunities for students, faculty and professionals to observe exemplary preschool programs and teacher role models; enabling students to observe children ages two through six so the students can better understand developmental progression; and providing a research site for students and faculty.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Grades: PK-K | 24 students
1401 Faulkland Road
Wilmington, DE 19805
(302)633-1600 9.2 PK-K
- Newark Grades: PK-8 | 403 students
82 Possum Park Rd
Newark, DE 19711
(302)731-2211 1.7 PK-8
- Newark Grades: K-8 | 79 students
302 Darling St
Newark, DE 19702
(302)737-8260 4.6 K-8
- Newark Grades: K-12 | 160 students
91 Salem Church Rd
Newark, DE 19713
(302)547-2285 0 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.