Univ Of Delaware Laboratory Preschool
Tel: (302) 831-2304
- The University of Delaware Laboratory Preschool was founded in 1934 as a part of the Child Development Program in the College of Home Economics and has been in continuous operation.
- The Preschool functions as a part of the Individual and Family Studies Department of the College of Human Resources, Education & Public Policy.
- It is designed as a laboratory for University students and faculty.
- The Laboratory Preschool, a nationally accredited program, is a model preschool program whose primary purposes are providing appropriate developmental programs for typical and mainstreamed exceptional children; teaching University students to work with young children through classroom practicum experiences; providing opportunities for students, faculty and professionals to observe exemplary preschool programs and teacher role models; enabling students to observe children ages two through six so the students can better understand developmental progression; and providing a research site for students and faculty.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Grades: PK-K | 24 students
1401 Faulkland Road
Wilmington, DE 19805
(302) 633-1600 9.2 PK-K
- Newark Grades: PK-8 | 403 students
82 Possum Park Rd
Newark, DE 19711
(302) 731-2211 1.7 PK-8
- Newark Grades: K-8 | 73 students
302 Darling St
Newark, DE 19702
(302) 737-8260 4.6 K-8
- Newark Grades: K-12 | 160 students
91 Salem Church Rd
Newark, DE 19713
(302) 547-2285 0 K-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.