Bethany Lutheran School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Serving children in preschool through eighth grade, Bethany provides an excellent academic experience including art, music, foreign language, technology as well as extra-curricular sports and clubs. All of this in a supportive, religious environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,896|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool and Half-Day Kindergarten tuition is different from full-day tuition.|
|Admissions Director||Aimee Walsh|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choir, Musicals, Student Council|
- By the power of God's Spirit, the mission of Bethany Lutheran School is to train, equip, and support witnesses for His Kingdom. Bethany Lutheran School exists to provide thorough instruction in God's word in order that your child may learn to know and trust Christ as his/her loving Savior, know what the Lord expects of him/her, and voluntarily do that which is right and God pleasing. We are to teach the skills necessary for successful, purposeful, and useful living. At Bethany, your child will receive a quality Christian education in the Lutheran tradition.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downers Grove Grades: K-8 | 112 students
929 Maple Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515
(630)852-0832 8.1 K-8
- Naperville Grades: NS-12 | 99 students
1451 Raymond Drive
Naperville, IL 60563
(630)637-9622 4.2 NS-12
I cannot thank God enough for bringing our family to Bethany Lutheran Church and School. It is a place where the teaching of Christ crucified and risen for the forgiveness of our sins is placed front and center, both in the church and school. I have been more than delighted to see the spiritual growth in my sons as they have progressed through the grades. Not only does Bethany deliver solid, confessional Lutheran doctrine, its students go on to excel in the surrounding high schools. As a high school teacher in one of the neighboring districts, I have had Bethany students come through my building and have seen how they perform academically and socially compared to their peers. The only difference you could see is how well they behave and with what respect they treat the staff, fellow students and the facilities. If you're worried that sending your child to Bethany will not give them the same academic foundation as the surrounding government schools, then you are mistaken. We are admonished to bring our children up in the faith, Bethany is a great place to do just that, in addition to preparing them for the academic rigors of the government schools. Look no further, your search is over!
- Posted by Parent - Tye Fox
For our son, Bethany was an outstanding educational experience!!! The school was welcoming and felt like a family. His move to Naperville Central High School was an easy transition because of the high level of academic excellence at Bethany. Their emphasis is definitely on the whole child. Their strong programs in the arts, sports, and a strong spiritual foundation all contributed to making our son a well-rounded individual.
- Posted by Parent - louis
Christ centered, Bible believing, fully committed staff, and a great start to college prep education...what more could a parent want? Two huge thumbs up!
- Posted by Parent - revfi
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.