- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 30 students
- Yearly Tuition: $86,346
- Average class size: 5 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Dress appropriately - no rips, tears, or inappropriate slogans
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Animal Club, Anime Club, Cooking Club, Outdoor Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting, Art Club, Design Club, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Bike Club, video Game Club
- Since 1982, Brehm Preparatory School has been empowering students with learning disabilities and differences to recognize and optimize their potential. Our caring, highly qualified faculty and staff welcome students in grades 6 through 12+ into a dynamic new learning environment brimming with optimism. Working quickly to break down barriers, build trust, and rebuild self-confidence, they embrace students in a nurturing boarding school environment where each child feels accepted and supported.Brehm recognizes that each student is unique and must find his or her individual pathway to academic, social, and emotional success. Following a careful review of the student`s data and academic history, an Individualized Holistic Education Plan is designed around the way each student learns best.The academic curriculum includes traditional core subjects, computer science, Spanish, physical education, fine arts, and learning cognition. Students are trained to use the latest assistive technology and software. Many students also enroll in the innovative Arrowsmith Program at Brehm, a breakthrough learning methodology that uses intensive cognitive exercises to restore and strengthen learning pathways in the brain.Certified faculty and staff work with students to monitor progress toward individual goals, leveraging individual strengths into a comprehensive program. Brehm students graduate with the tools, skills, and confidence to become effective self-advocates and independent learners.Brehm`s 100-acre wireless campus features state-of-the-art learning technologies and software. Each student is provided with a laptop loaded with the latest assistive tools and software through the school`s 1-to-1 Program. Vibrant working relationships with nearby Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC) and numerous community partners round out the school`s extraordinary range of programs, resources, and activities.Brehm has a 6-week Summer Program that offers academics, adventures and social awareness for children with learning disabilities, ages 11 18. Our summer program was developed by a team of faculty and speech and language pathologists in hopes of creating a fun-filled learning adventure for students with learning disabilities.Brehm also has a post-secondary school, OPTIONS Transitions to Independence, that offers instruction and assistance for students who need to further develop independent living, social, employment and academic skills. OPTIONS life development program emphasizes independent living, life skills, self-advocacy skills, well-rounded interpersonal skills, community linkages, employability, and career development strategies. With the help of OPTIONS instructors, Independent Living Counselors, and specialized academic coaches, our students are successfully guided through speech and language courses, core academic skills, college preparation and participation, social skills, employment readiness classes, and community-based internships. For more information, visit www.experienceoptions.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Brehm Preparatory School cost?
Does Brehm Preparatory School offer a summer program?
What sports does Brehm Preparatory School offer?
When is the application deadline for Brehm Preparatory School?
Endorse Brehm Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards