Brehm Preparatory School
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 8-12
- Students: 73 students
- Yearly Tuition: $68,900
- Average class size: 4 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Dress appropriately - no rips, tears, or inappropriate slogans)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Brehm Preparatory School is a family-style boarding school for boys and girls, grades 6-12 with complex learning disabilities. Brehm offers a unique holistic program that individually addresses each student’s academic, emotional, and social needs. The Brehm experience includes: a fully accredited high school, individualized academic curriculum, 4:1 student/teacher ratio, team recreational programs, and interscholastic sports, supervised dorm living, medical support, 5 speech language pathologists, 100 acre campus and more.
- Brehm provides instruction in core academic areas, social skills development, life-skills development, organizational strategies, recreational activities, cultural enrichment, self-advocacy skills, health and wellness direction, career/college exploration, and transition. Daily emphasis on developing advocacy skills and organizational strategies allows students to cope with the demands of the classroom, job market, and family and social interactions. Our staff communicates daily, and we hold weekly team meetings where insights are shared about what strategies are working well for each student. Many times, like a piece of a puzzle,small incidents between different team members and the student reveal a more understandable picture. Solutions are formulated, strategies are put into action, and detailed follow-up confirms progress.
- Additional programs at Brehm include a 4-week summer program and the Brehm Arrowsmith Program. Brehm Preparatory School’s Summer Scenarios is an epic, open-ended, multi-player experiential learning adventure where participants discover their own strengths. Through individualized and shared adventures, players explore the environment; learn about sustainability; develop basic survival skills; explore their environment; and delve into academics, assistive technology, art and experiential learning while getting to know their fellow players and uniting as tribes. Whether your adventurer is a noble hero, a courageous warrior, a strong leader, a willing follower, or a lone pilgrim, he or she is sure to advance, succeed, learn, grow, and have an unforgettable adventure. The Brehm Arrowsmith Program is founded on neuroscience research and over 30 years of experience demonstrating that it is possible for students to strengthen the weak cognitive capacities underlying their learning dysfunctions through a program of specific cognitive exercises. For more information, visit www.brehm.org.
Endorse Brehm Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards