Carbondale New School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (618) 457-4765
- Carbondale New School has small classes, where children learn at their own pace.
- Time for reading, math, science, the arts, and music are part of the curriculum.
- Hands on learning and field trips make lessons come alive.
- The playground includes a small pine and hard wood forest and a big grassy field, and yes, CNS students get dirty! Fresh air, learning about nature, good animal husbandry and becoming good stewards of the land are some of the things CNS students gain from the school.
- Carbondale New School has always been a leader in implementing innovative teaching methods and concepts that several years later are reported in the media as "progressive" or "cutting edge." For instance, our teachers have many years of experience with "hands on" approaches to teaching mathematics and science.
- Language arts are integrated into the instruction and learning of all subjects.
- The school's theme-based curriculum encourages students to make important connections among subjects and to pursue and develop their own intellectual interests.
- The curriculum also permits classes to share knowledge. These relationships among the classes are an important feature of the school.
- Younger students gain confidence as they demonstrate their accomplishments while older students have the opportunity to realize their potential as mentors.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Amazing school. Responsive staff. Happy, smart kids.
- Posted by Parent - Kindergarten Parent
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.