- Established in 1970, Centreville Academy seeks to encourage each student to reach his/her full academic, athletic, and spiritual potential by striving to provide a quality, well-rounded education in a Christian environment.
- We offer programs for K5 through 12th grade which include excellent academic programs as well as extracurricular activities.
- The elementary curriculum includes Saxon math (K-6), SRA reading program, science hands-on laboratory experiments, social studies, Mississippi history (grade 6), Health, Spelling, and deportment.
- Elementary classes participate in the MPSA's annual art and spelling bee contests, the Accelerated Reader program, the Presidential Physical Fitness program, St. Jude's Math-a-thon and Jump Rope for Heart, Christmas programs, and Field Day programs.
- The high school curriculum expands the curriculum instituted in elementary.
- The English program continues the AR program and adds literature, writing, speech, and grammar.
- The math curriculum continues with the Saxon math program. The seventh and eighth grade math students compete in a program at Southwest Mississippi Community College sponsored by the MS Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- The science program integrates knowledge of science with the ability to experiment.
- Beginning in the 7th grade, all students enrolled in a science course present a Science Fair project.
- Participants compete at the school, district, and state levels. Students in grades 7 - 12 may also participate in the Quiz Bowl.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||395 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1