Urban Skills Center
- The Basics of TIEE’s Teaching Method are: Catch students being good a lot and praise them for it, Teach all expectations for school, classroom, and lessons, Teach at each student’s optimum learning level, Maximize attention to task and opportunities for all students to respond, Teach to mastery before moving on to new material, and Use daily measures of student progress as a guide to what to teach.
- The Institute for Effective Education is committed to creating, providing and evaluating positive environments in which all people learn the skills and knowledge essential to success.
- We will teach others to implement such environments and we will advocate that they be made available to all learners.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||74 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 40 students
9524 Kearny Villa Rd
San Diego, CA 92126
(619)521-3990 8.9 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: 2-12 | 92 students
6460 Boulder Lake Ave
San Diego, CA 92119
(619)460-5090 7.4 2-12
- La Mesa Grades: K-12 | 52 students
7200 Parkway Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
(619)583-6762 5.7 K-12
- San Marcos Grades: 4-12 | 21 students
1145 Lin Da Vista Dr Ste 105
San Marcos, CA 92078
(760)744-4870 25.7 4-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.