Urban Skills Center
- The Basics of TIEE’s Teaching Method are: Catch students being good a lot and praise them for it, Teach all expectations for school, classroom, and lessons, Teach at each student’s optimum learning level, Maximize attention to task and opportunities for all students to respond, Teach to mastery before moving on to new material, and Use daily measures of student progress as a guide to what to teach.
- The Institute for Effective Education is committed to creating, providing and evaluating positive environments in which all people learn the skills and knowledge essential to success.
- We will teach others to implement such environments and we will advocate that they be made available to all learners.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||74 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 40 students
9524 Kearny Villa Rd
San Diego, CA 92126
(619)521-3990 8.9 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: 2-12 | 92 students
6460 Boulder Lake Ave
San Diego, CA 92119
(619)460-5090 7.4 2-12
- La Mesa Grades: K-12 | 52 students
7200 Parkway Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
(619)583-6762 5.7 K-12
- San Marcos Grades: 4-12 | 21 students
1145 Lin Da Vista Dr Ste 105
San Marcos, CA 92078
(760)744-4870 25.7 4-12
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.