New Haven Yfs
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 5-12
- Enrollment: 39 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 49%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our students benefit from: * Individualized lesson plans aligned with California state standards. * A 12-to-1 student to special education teacher ratio with a qualified teaching assistant in each classroom. * Strong emphasis on literacy and functional math skills. * Independent living skills instruction and coaching with a focus on: social competence, self-care, housing, financial literacy, cooking, self-advocacy, and play and leisure. * Speech and language and occupational therapy as determined by the individualized education plan team. * Vocational education classes in the construction trades, as well as culinary arts.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for New Haven Yfs?
The application deadline for New Haven Yfs is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse New Haven Yfs. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How To Find The School You Want
Finding the right school for your child is a major project. However, if you tackle it methodically, you will get good results. Here's a roadmap to finding the school you want.
Private School Supplies
Your child will need lots of supplies when she goes off to private school. These lists will help get you organized.
A Baker's Dozen of 'Must Have' Sites
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.