- Silliman Institute, located in the pastoral community of Clinton, Louisiana, has a rich heritage in education dating back to 1852 when Silliman Female Collegiate Institute was founded.
- The original institute offered secondary and collegiate curricula. It was renowned for its successful graduates, many of whom became educators in Clinton and surrounding communities.
- This dedication to excellence in education is continuing today. The school offers classes from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Silliman Institute strives for a balanced program incorporating both academics and athletics.
- In addition to preparing students for college, Silliman Institute helps students prepare for life.
- Most of the students graduating from Silliman Institute continue their education in institutions of higher learning.
- Many have returned to their communities to become productive citizens and civic leaders.
- Silliman Institute can boast a proud heritage of providing students the opportunity to gain a quality education that was begun more than 150 years ago.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.