Central Private School
- Central Private School is committed to preparing students forthe future in a safe, nurturing Christian environment in whichstudents are encouraged to grow, share, and learn with a facultydedicated to academic excellence.
- We offer an accelerated college preparatory curriculum whereinstudents are encouraged to pursue individual interests, excelbeyond basic academic standards, and achieve success as productivemembers of the community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art, AP Calculus, AP Psychology, Dual Enrollment Biology 1, Dual Enrollment College Algebra & Trig, Dual Enrollment English Comp 1 & 2, Dual Enrollment Intro to Psychology, Dual Enrollment Intro to Sociology, Dual Enrollment World Civilizaton 1 & 2, Dual Enrollment World Civilizaton 1 & 2,|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,650|
|Tuition Notes||PK-3 thru 6th $5250 Additional registration fees not included. Please see centralprivate.org for more information.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kelly Hayes|
|Admissions Associate||Ann Droy|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Chess Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fellowship of Christian Students, Jr Beta Club, Library Club, National Honor Society, Prom Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading, Dance Team
- For over 50 years, Central Private School has been successfulin providing a high-quality, rigorous college-preparatory educationthat is rooted in the Christian faith. Our students have theopportunity to have a school experience that is centered around thefundamentals of Christianity. Students participate in daily prayerand the learning of Bible Scriptures, as well as attending monthlyBible Devotionals led by faculty and special guest speakers. Ourfaculty, staff, and administration are devoted to our mission ofproviding an extraordinary learning environment from a Biblicalperspective, with Christ-honoring excellence.
- Students at Central Private are continuously challenged toreach their full potential. Our exceptional faculty and staff arecommitted to ensuring the success of each and every student. Westrive to blend new and innovative ways of learning withtraditional teaching methods to prepare our students to compete andsucceed in the 21st century. With a low student-teacher ratio inevery class, our students develop special relationships with theirinstructors and peers. In this way, the student`s individual needsare nurtured, while their strengths are furtherdeveloped.
- In addition to academics, our core values are promoted throughour comprehensive athletic, literary, arts, and extra-curricularprograms. We also encourage our students to participate incommunity service projects that extend beyond our campus, bypromoting and providing many opportunities to serve the needs ofothers through out the year.
- Our established tradition of excellence is continued throughthe collective efforts of our phenomenal students, dedicatedfaculty and staff, engaged parents, supportive alumni, and anenthusiastic Board of Directors. These efforts have provided theschool the ability to enhance our programs with exciting up andcoming projects, such as joining the LHSAA and building a newcampus.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-12 | 106 students
1771 N Lobdell Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)932-2357 8 PK-12
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-5 | 117 students
9739 Joor Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70818
(225)261-1743 2 PK-5
- Baton Rouge Grades: 1-12 | 52 students
17017 Florida Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70819
(225)272-5592 7.7 1-12
Our child began CPS in PreK-3. After touring numerous preschools around Central, Zachary and Baton Rouge; the minute we walked onto campus we knew this is where our child belonged. The preschool staff was absolutely wonderful. The Abeka curriculum has placed my child well above the other children in our public school area. Not to mention, we saved a lot of money moving from daycare to CP. The personal attention that the teachers give these kids is well above we could have asked for. We never left! This is our 4th year and could not be any happier. Great School!
- Posted by Parent - 1st Grade Parent