Mississippi Private Schools
- There are 235 private schools in Mississippi, serving 53,602 students.
- The average private school tuition is $4,548 for elementary schools and $5,721 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 93% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 15% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Class of 2017 -- Graduates = 38; ACT Class Average Score 25.69; Scholarship Amount nearly $5 Million in Offers.
Semiprofessional ballerina and NorthStar student Bethany artfully captures the possibilities that come alive when you choose NorthStar Academy! Real People. Real Places. Real Ministry.
Pearblossom Private School provides a quality high school education that is fully accredited. The Director is presenting a diploma to a graduating student.
Students spend time in the school garden planting, cultivating and harvesting fruits, vegetables and flowers.
St. Aloysius offers a college preparatory curriculum. Honors and Advanced Placement classes are offered in certain subjects, as well as several dual credit courses. St. Aloysius fields eighteen athletic teams in twelve different sports. Service, academic, and leadership clubs, honor societies, marching band, retreat team and more provide abundant extracurricular opportunities.
Mississippi Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools1,484 Students18% Minority
- 3 Schools70 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools288 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools314 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools698 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools198 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools351 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students93% Minority
- 1 Schools238 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools94 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools166 Students4% Minority
- 4 Schools697 Students13% Minority
- 2 Schools751 Students91% Minority
- 2 Schools122 Students1% Minority
- 8 Schools3,636 Students6% Minority
- 9 Schools1,947 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools368 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools952 Students3% Minority
- 16 Schools3,014 Students19% Minority
- 32 Schools8,276 Students29% Minority
- 1 Schools256 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools175 Students1% Minority
- 9 Schools971 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools469 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools279 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools675 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools41 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools333 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools427 Students24% Minority
- 8 Schools1,684 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools563 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools942 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools995 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools4,720 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools1,220 Students10% Minority
- 12 Schools4,082 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools599 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools594 Students41% Minority
- 1 Schools94 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools194 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools18 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools195 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools189 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools967 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools466 Students22% Minority
- 2 Schools252 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools33 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools1,186 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools189 Students3% Minority
- 11 Schools2,549 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students86% Minority
- 1 Schools191 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools857 Students24% Minority
- 1 Schools109 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools839 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools145 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools573 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools51 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools200 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students22% Minority
- 5 Schools1,001 Students10% Minority
- 7 Schools1,703 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools269 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools689 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools610 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools745 Students4% Minority
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.