Top Mississippi Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 239 top private schools in Mississippi, serving 50,988 students.
- The average private school tuition is $4,465 for elementary schools and $6,191 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 95% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 15% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Cross Creek Christian Academy Photo - Each fall, our high school students go on a spiritual retreat that grows their faith while they have a great time in the outdoors.
Meridian KinderCare Photo - Wonderful hands-on Science center! Meet Donatello the the Pre-School Class Turtle! Cowabunga!
Northstar Academy Photo - Semiprofessional ballerina and NorthStar student Bethany artfully captures the possibilities that come alive when you choose NorthStar Academy! Real People. Real Places. Real Ministry.
French Camp Academy Photo - French Camp Academy offers a variety of experiences and educational opportunities.
Vicksburg Catholic School Photo - St. Aloysius offers a college preparatory curriculum. Honors and Advanced Placement classes are offered in certain subjects, as well as several dual credit courses. St. Aloysius fields eighteen athletic teams in twelve different sports. Service, academic, and leadership clubs, honor societies, marching band, retreat team and more provide abundant extracurricular opportunities.
Top Mississippi Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools1,450 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools71 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools688 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools314 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools721 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools161 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools351 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students93% Minority
- 1 Schools238 Students28% Minority
- 1 Schools222 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools598 Students29% Minority
- 2 Schools751 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools141 Students2% Minority
- 10 Schools3,346 Students26% Minority
- 9 Schools1,886 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools461 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools880 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools2,900 Students15% Minority
- 33 Schools7,517 Students26% Minority
- 1 Schools283 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools173 Students3% Minority
- 9 Schools915 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools456 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools279 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools621 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools41 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools328 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools658 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools1,634 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools611 Students2% Minority
- 6 Schools1,037 Students13% Minority
- 3 Schools999 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools1,268 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools1,017 Students8% Minority
- 11 Schools4,070 Students19% Minority
- 1 Schools580 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools551 Students43% Minority
- 1 Schools93 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools337 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools12 Students22% Minority
- 1 Schools251 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools44 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools830 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools539 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools302 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools33 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools1,244 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools195 Students12% Minority
- 11 Schools3,450 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students86% Minority
- 1 Schools204 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools812 Students23% Minority
- 1 Schools84 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools733 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools97 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools639 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools40 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools222 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools1,246 Students38% Minority
- 7 Schools1,673 Students22% Minority
- 1 Schools269 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools294 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools564 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools779 Students3% Minority
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.