Top Mississippi Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 239 top private schools in Mississippi, serving 53,590 students.
- The average private school tuition is $4,465 for elementary schools and $6,166 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 95% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 15% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Park Place Christian Academy Photo - Park Place Christian Academy, a ministry of Park Place Baptist Church, strives to provide a distinctively Christian, academically rigorous education for students in grades K3-12. PPCA, established in 2000, and with a current enrollment of nearly 650 students, uses Godly guidance and Christian personnel to cultivate a biblical worldview into the hearts and minds of our students.
Vicksburg Catholic School Photo - St. Aloysius offers a college preparatory curriculum. Honors and Advanced Placement classes are offered in certain subjects, as well as several dual credit courses. St. Aloysius fields eighteen athletic teams in twelve different sports. Service, academic, and leadership clubs, honor societies, marching band, retreat team and more provide abundant extracurricular opportunities.
Cross Creek Christian Academy Photo - Students admiring a beautiful rainbow God has provided after a rainy afternoon.
Northstar Academy Photo - Semiprofessional ballerina and NorthStar student Bethany artfully captures the possibilities that come alive when you choose NorthStar Academy! Real People. Real Places. Real Ministry.
Christ Covenant School Photo - Students spend time in the school garden planting, cultivating and harvesting fruits, vegetables and flowers.
Our Lady Academy Photo - Class of 2017 -- Graduates = 38; ACT Class Average Score 25.69; Scholarship Amount nearly $5 Million in Offers.
Top Mississippi Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 4 Schools1,450 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools71 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools688 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools314 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools721 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools161 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools351 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools17 Students93% Minority
- 1 Schools238 Students28% Minority
- 1 Schools222 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools598 Students29% Minority
- 2 Schools751 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools141 Students2% Minority
- 9 Schools3,364 Students26% Minority
- 9 Schools1,904 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools461 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools880 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools2,826 Students15% Minority
- 33 Schools7,550 Students26% Minority
- 1 Schools283 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools173 Students3% Minority
- 9 Schools915 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools456 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools279 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools621 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools41 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools328 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools644 Students13% Minority
- 9 Schools1,679 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools611 Students2% Minority
- 6 Schools1,037 Students13% Minority
- 3 Schools999 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools1,268 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools1,219 Students8% Minority
- 11 Schools4,070 Students19% Minority
- 1 Schools580 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools551 Students43% Minority
- 1 Schools93 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools337 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools12 Students22% Minority
- 1 Schools251 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools44 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools830 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools539 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools302 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools33 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools1,244 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools195 Students12% Minority
- 12 Schools3,581 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students86% Minority
- 1 Schools204 Students2% Minority
- 4 Schools812 Students23% Minority
- 1 Schools84 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools834 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools97 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools639 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools40 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools222 Students16% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools1,246 Students38% Minority
- 7 Schools1,752 Students22% Minority
- 1 Schools269 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools294 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools564 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools779 Students3% Minority
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.