Christ Episcopal School
- The mission of Christ Episcopal School is to develop responsible, self-sufficient, creative students aware of their own uniqueness and worth, by providing a superior, enriched academic education in a safe environment and in the context of Christian faith and values.
- CES is fully accredited by The Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools (SAES) and is officially recognized by the Texas Education Agency as a non-public accredited school with all the rights and responsibilities associated with such recognition.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,050|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten-Gr.6 Full day is $4050 a year. Half day PK is $2,900. a year. The optional aftercare program is extra.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
- Christ Episcopal School has an education program that includes classes in fine arts such as music and art, Spanish, technology, physical education/health/safety, and library. C.E.S. also offers an optional Extended Day program for its enrolled children in pre-kindergarten through grade six. Students historically and consistently achieve above average to well above average scores in all subject areas on the nationally normed Stanford Achievement Test.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nacogdoches Grades: PK-8 | 144 students
1711 South St
Nacogdoches, TX 75964
(936)564-4472 2 PK-8
- Nacogdoches Grades: PK-12 | 159 students
200 Ne Stallings Dr
Nacogdoches, TX 75961 2.4 PK-12
- Nacogdoches Grades: PK-7 | 73 students
211 Se Stallings Dr
Nacogdoches, TX 75964
(936)462-1021 2.9 PK-7
- Lufkin Grades: PK-8 | 127 students
2116 Lowery St
Lufkin, TX 75901
(936)634-6719 18.2 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.