Christ The King Catholic School
- Christ The King Catholic School provides a quality Catholic education supported by the family, the teacher, the parish, and the community and makes a commitment to meet the needs of the academic, physical, social, and spiritual development of each student in a Christ-centered environment.
- Our goal is to teach the Gospel message, to build a faith community, to worship God and be of Christian service.
- Christ the King Catholic School follows the Diocese of Little Rock Curriculum Guidelines regarding basic materials, specific courses, and time allotments.
- A planned instructional program leads to discovering and developing the abilities of each individual student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||302 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Katie Kratzberg|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Battle of the Books, Cheerleading, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball, Basketball Team
- Increase in diversity:30% diversity consisting of Hispanic, Asian, African-American, American-Indian
- 82% Catholic and 18% Non-Catholic
- Test scores on standardized testsStanford 10 consistently score in or near top 15% in national school norms
- StaffAverage of 12 years of serviceHigh percentage hold advanced degrees
- Collaborative staff: committees work on areas to develop and enrich school programs and community life; staff has high level of service in the community
- Educational program: emphasis on balanced curriculum; Religion:prayer, service, worship, scripture; Specials- 18 month through 6th grade participate in all specials including Spanish, Art, Music, Library, and PE, Technology; STEM- Problem Based Learning; Technology: 1 to 1 iPads in 4th-6th grades / iPad cart for K-3, iPads for children with identified learning challenges, Smart boards in grades 2-6, 25 station desktop technology lab, Outdoor classroom
- Student Life/Extracurriculars: Choir, Chess Club, BOB, Student Council, Cheerleading, Basketball, Baseball
- Monthly Christian service projects to benefit local community
- Mentoring of upper grades to lower grades
- Families: PTO and volunteer committees, Advancement Board, Trust and Endowment Board, School Board
- Community Involvement: monthly service projects, UAFS interns, FSPS- Title services/speech, FNB`s $ and Sense
- Work with other Catholic schools for PD and events
- Traditions: Spring Carnival, Endless Summer Party, Music programs for K-3 and 4-6, Happy Birthday, Jesus, School Prayer Walk, Grandparents Day/Book Fair, Tents, Trunks, and Treats
- ASC and Summer Care Program
- Strong alumni base
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Christ The King Catholic School also viewed these schools: Christ The King Elementary School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gretna Grades: PK-7 | 340 students
2106 Deerfield Rd
Gretna, LA 70056
(504)367-3601 454.9 PK-7
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.