Christ The King Catholic School
- Christ The King Catholic School provides a quality Catholic education supported by the family, the teacher, the parish, and the community and makes a commitment to meet the needs of the academic, physical, social, and spiritual development of each student in a Christ-centered environment.
- Our goal is to teach the Gospel message, to build a faith community, to worship God and be of Christian service.
- Christ the King Catholic School follows the Diocese of Little Rock Curriculum Guidelines regarding basic materials, specific courses, and time allotments.
- A planned instructional program leads to discovering and developing the abilities of each individual student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Increase in diversity:30% diversity consisting of Hispanic, Asian, African-American, American-Indian
- 82% Catholic and 18% Non-Catholic
- Test scores on standardized testsStanford 10 consistently score in or near top 15% in national school norms
- StaffAverage of 12 years of serviceHigh percentage hold advanced degrees
- Collaborative staff: committees work on areas to develop and enrich school programs and community life; staff has high level of service in the community
- Educational program: emphasis on balanced curriculum; Religion:prayer, service, worship, scripture; Specials- 18 month through 6th grade participate in all specials including Spanish, Art, Music, Library, and PE, Technology; STEM- Problem Based Learning; Technology: 1 to 1 iPads in 4th-6th grades / iPad cart for K-3, iPads for children with identified learning challenges, Smart boards in grades 2-6, 25 station desktop technology lab, Outdoor classroom
- Student Life/Extracurriculars: Choir, Chess Club, BOB, Student Council, Cheerleading, Basketball, Baseball, Tennis, Running Club, Quiz Bowl
- Monthly Christian service projects to benefit local community
- Mentoring of upper grades to lower grades
- Families: PTO and volunteer committees, Advancement Board, Trust and Endowment Board, School Board
- Community Involvement: monthly service projects, UAFS interns, FSPS- Title services/speech, FNB’s $ and Sense, Mercy in Motion
- Work with other Catholic schools for PD and events
- Traditions: Spring Carnival, Endless Summer Party, Music programs for K-3 and 4-6, Happy Birthday, Jesus, School Prayer Walk, Grandparents Day/Book Fair, Tents, Trunks, and Treats
- ASC and Summer Care Program
- Strong alumni base
- People that viewed Christ The King Catholic School also viewed these schools: Christ The King Elementary School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gretna Grades: PK-7 | 340 students
2106 Deerfield Rd
Gretna, LA 70056
(504)367-3601 454.9 PK-7
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.