Christ The King Catholic School
Tel: (479) 782-0614
- Christ The King Catholic School provides a quality Catholic education supported by the family, the teacher, the parish, and the community and makes a commitment to meet the needs of the academic, physical, social, and spiritual development of each student in a Christ-centered environment.
- Our goal is to teach the Gospel message, to build a faith community, to worship God and be of Christian service.
- Christ the King Catholic School follows the Diocese of Little Rock Curriculum Guidelines regarding basic materials, specific courses, and time allotments.
- A planned instructional program leads to discovering and developing the abilities of each individual student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Katie Kratzberg|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Battle of the Books, Cheerleading, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball, Basketball Team
- Increase in diversity:30% diversity consisting of Hispanic, Asian, African-American, American-Indian
- 82% Catholic and 18% Non-Catholic
- Test scores on standardized testsStanford 10 consistently score in or near top 15% in national school norms
- StaffAverage of 12 years of serviceHigh percentage hold advanced degrees
- Collaborative staff: committees work on areas to develop and enrich school programs and community life; staff has high level of service in the community
- Educational program: emphasis on balanced curriculum; Religion:prayer, service, worship, scripture; Specials- 18 month through 6th grade participate in all specials including Spanish, Art, Music, Library, and PE, Technology; STEM- Problem Based Learning; Technology: 1 to 1 iPads in 4th-6th grades / iPad cart for K-3, iPads for children with identified learning challenges, Smart boards in grades 2-6, 25 station desktop technology lab, Outdoor classroom
- Student Life/Extracurriculars: Choir, Chess Club, BOB, Student Council, Cheerleading, Basketball, Baseball
- Monthly Christian service projects to benefit local community
- Mentoring of upper grades to lower grades
- Families: PTO and volunteer committees, Advancement Board, Trust and Endowment Board, School Board
- Community Involvement: monthly service projects, UAFS interns, FSPS- Title services/speech, FNB`s $ and Sense
- Work with other Catholic schools for PD and events
- Traditions: Spring Carnival, Endless Summer Party, Music programs for K-3 and 4-6, Happy Birthday, Jesus, School Prayer Walk, Grandparents Day/Book Fair, Tents, Trunks, and Treats
- ASC and Summer Care Program
- Strong alumni base
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Christ The King Catholic School also viewed these schools: Christ The King Elementary School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gretna Grades: PK-7 | 279 students
2106 Deerfield Rd
Gretna, LA 70056
(504) 367-3601 454.9 PK-7
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?