Doris Todd Christian Academy
Doris Todd Christian Academy Photo #2 - Join us for an open house this November 1 @ 8:15am, or February 2 @ 9:00am. Come see us for a tour anytime throughout the year!
Doris Todd Christian Academy Photo #3 - ACADEMICS: Our students test above average and are prepared for any academic challenge.
Doris Todd Christian Academy Photo #4 - TEACHERS: Our warm, friendly, caring staff, love our students.
Doris Todd Christian Academy Photo #5 - TECHNOLOGY: Our students keep up with the latest technology by learning computer coding, software, etc. We provide classroom Chromebooks & iPads to enhance their learning experience.
Doris Todd Christian Academy Photo #6 - BAND: Grades 6-8 participate in multiple concerts Maui, including the all-island annual Music Festival event.
Doris Todd Christian Academy Photo #7 - PERFORMANCES: Singing, speech meet, holiday plays - we love for our kids to use their talents on stage!
Doris Todd Christian Academy Photo #8 - STUDENT ACTIVITIES: WWII Water Balloon Battle, Science Fair, Geography & Spelling Bees, Sports, Art Showcase, Chess, Cooking & Garden Clubs, and more!
Doris Todd Christian Academy Photo #9 - COMMUNITY SERVICE: Students pick up trash on Baldwin Avenue, clean Paia gym, do yardwork for neighbors, make leis for veterans, and more to serve and show the love of Jesus to our community.
Doris Todd Christian Academy Photo #10 - MENTORING: Our teachers participate in an intentional mentoring program with our students to have more personal, eternal impact. Our High School students have a mentoring program at Wailuku Elementary allowing them the opportunity to invest in the young lives in the community.
- The mission of Doris Todd Memorial Christian School is to provide a Christ-centered, Biblically-directed education which instills the desire and practice of academic excellence, moral integrity, patriotism, and church involvement to the glory of God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 74%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dennis Uniform Company)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,145|
|Tuition Notes||5145 - 5660 depending on grade and payment program chosen.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amanda Criste|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
- Doris Todd Christian Academy has served the families of Maui and provided a Christ-centered education for over 60 years. Our loving, nurturing teachers, give students a safe, high academic learning environment. They are mentors who are truly invested in each individual student to cultivate faith, love, moral integrity, and academic excellence. Students are given opportunities to put learning into action by reaching out to our community and participating in extra-curricular activities.
- We have two charming campuses nestled in Paia and Wailuku Town. When you visit, you might see a fourth grader stop playing in order to tie the shoes of a kindergartner; a student sharing lunch with his classmate because they forgot theirs. Doris Todd Christian Academy is a uniquely warm, caring school that motivates and challenges students to grow and mature in all areas of life.
- Please stop by for a tour - we would be delighted to show you our classrooms and have you meet our students and faculty. We can`t wait to meet you and partner with you in the care of your child!
- Accreditation: Association of Christian Schools InternationaL, Western Association of Colleges and Schools
- Licensed: Hawaii Council of Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Honolulu Grades: 6-12 | 686 students
1401 Houghtailing Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808)841-0195 100.6 6-12
- Honolulu Grades: PK-12 | 489 students
2707 Pamoa Road
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808)988-4111 96.8 PK-12
- Kahului Grades: PK-4 | 125 students
211 S Kaulauwahine St
Kahului, HI 96732
(808)877-6618 6.1 PK-4
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.