Dubuque Lutheran School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Mission of Dubuque Lutheran School is to enrich the whole child soul, mind, & body in a Christ-centered learning environment. "We chose DLS so our child could be in an academic environment where Jesus Christ is honored." -DLS parents Why Choose DLS 5. KIDS LOVE DLS - Joyful faces and excitement about learning 4. TUITION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE - money should not be an obstacle for a Christan education 3. OUTSTANDING STAFF - share the Christian faith while modeling their love of learning 2. EXCELLENT STUDENT-TEACHER RATIO - a multi-grade classroom environment with a maximum of 20 students per classroom ...And the top reason for enrolling at Dubuque Lutheran School: 1. WE ARE CHRIST-CENTERED - We believe the Bible is the complete accurate and true Word of God. We believe we have salvation and eternal life through faith alone, by the grace of God alone, and not by anything we have earned or accomplished by ourselves. We believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior, the Lord of our lives.
- Jesus said, "I am the light of the world." John 8:12 Academic Performance The academic performance of students at DLS is top notch! Average scores for the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and other tests consistently rate the DLS student in the top 10% of the state! Our students are able to transition to middle schools in the area and excel in academics and extra-curricular activities. Average Proficiency Rate: 76.5% Public Schools, 90.2% Private Schools, 94.2% Dubuque Lutheran School *NEW ADDITION* - Homeschool Academy! Now in addition to day school, Dubuque Lutheran School is offering a part-time, afternoon Christ-centered enrichment program for homeschool children in grades K-5! Call 563-588-0614 for more information.
- "I send my children to DLS because it's a Christ-centered environment. I have had two children graduate from DLS and can attest to the quality academics as well. I love that the teachers love God and their students as well!" -a DLS parent.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Tuition Notes||For 2018-2019 tuition is: $4200 for community members $3200 for members of Our Redeemer Lutheran church or St. Paul Lutheran church Registration for 2017-2018 starts Feb 1st. The early-bird registration rate ends April 1st.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Principal and Secretary|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Track and FieldTrack and Field|
- Tuition assistance is available. Money should not be an obstacle for a Christian education.
- Iowa Lutheran Student Tuition Organization (ILSTO) provides tuition assistance grants through an application process. This assistance is provided until June of each year.
- If families need additional tuition assistance after receiving assistance from the ILSTO, they are able to apply to the Dubuque Lutheran School Tuition Assistance Committee (DLSTAC) to determine eligibility for additional tuition grants. There is no deadline to apply for this assistance. However, families must apply to the ILSTO first before asking the DLSTAC for assistance.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dubuque Grades: NS-5 | 279 students
4320 Asbury Rd
Dubuque, IA 52002
(563)583-9488 0.8 NS-5
- Dubuque Grades: NS-PK | 110 students
2605 Pennsylvania Avenue
Dubuque, IA 52001
(563)556-5101 1.1 NS-PK
- Dubuque Grades: 1-12 | 119 students
2005 Asbury Rd
Dubuque, IA 52001
(563)582-4015 1.1 1-12
- Dubuque Grades: PK-5 | 223 students
2160 Rosedale Ave
Dubuque, IA 52001 1.2 PK-5
- Dubuque Grades: PK-5 | 136 students
2160 Saint Ambrose St
Dubuque, IA 52001 1.2 PK-5
I have had 2 daughters attend Dubuque Lutheran School. I have been very impressed with the dedication of the teachers and the ongoing open communication. One daughter excelled and always scored well above her grade level and the teachers were wonderful at looking for ways to challenge her. My younger child struggles more and the teacher is putting in extra time after school hours to tutor her. I feel very blessed to have a high quality school in town. The teachers care about the students academically and spritually and it shows every day.
- Posted by Parent - danpf
Dubuque Lutheran School is a wonderful school which has been a real blessing to our family. We have two children that attend. Our two children are very different personalities and certainly learn in different ways. It comes very easy for our oldest and he loves to challenge himself academically. Our second child is more of a free spirit and being a good student never has seemed a priority for her. The small class sizes and the caring dedicated staff has allowed each child to get the education plan and strategies needed to be very successful. It is truly a blessing that they are receiving the very best educational experience but also the Christian values which lead to true character development.
- Posted by Parent - kelle
Dubuque Lutheran School is a K - 5 Christian School that offers superb academic, spiritual, and character education. As a middle school teacher, I was extremely concerned about choosing a school that would provide my daughters with a well-rounded education that would prepare them for the different callings God will place upon their lives in their youth and as adults. DLS has given and continues to give them this foundation that their futures will be built upon. The friendliness, cooperation and open communication of the teachers, staff, and students'' families makes me sure that DLS is the best choice.
- Posted by Parent - llens
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.