Friends Preschool & Kindergarten
Tel: (248) 684-6086
- Friends is a state licensed program for children ages 21/2 to 6.
- We are a blend of Montessori Philosophy and traditional early childhood development.
- Our staff of 9 provide a quality program that enables each child to blossom at his/her own rate.
- Classes are offered each day for all age groups. The scheduling of classes is based upon parental/child needs and our availablility.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||74 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The foundational principle of Friends is to share our faith in God (our creator), His Word, His Son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit with the children and families we have serve. Furthermore, it is our responsibility to provide an environment that fosters spiritual, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical growth through Biblical materials, literature, language development, math concepts, art, music, drama, and physical activities.Our program incorporates the Montessori philosophy with a Christian base. We observe the child to determine his/her interests and needs. We utilize the introduction of practical life, sensorial, language and math materials/activities to promote socialization and learning. We also, strive to assist each child in gaining the skills needed to become independent and creative. Our goal is to move our students to the next level of learning.We Provide: Parent/Tot classes, Pre-school, Pre-Kindergarten, Young-five's full or day sessions, Kindergarten classes are scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with full days. We have half days that begin at 9:00 am and end at 11:30 am or begin at 12:30 pm and end at 3:00 pm. Our full day program runs from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. We allow for a lunch option for any half day students that extends their day by 1 hours for an extra $5.00.We are state licensed and abide by all of Michigan`s Department of Human Service rules. All staff members are licensed, have first aid training and CPR training. During the school year all staff members participate in ongoing educational workshops and opportunities.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milford Grades: PK-4 | 52 students
2700 E Commerce St
Milford, MI 48381
(248) 685-7600 1.1 PK-4
- Milford Grades: NS-K | 66 students
620 General Motors Rd
Milford, MI 48381
(248) 684-6773 1.3 NS-K
- Highland Grades: NS | 40 students
340 Harvey Lake Rd
Highland, MI 48356
(248) 889-2727 3.8 NS
- Highland Grades: PK | 73 students
1211 W Livingston Road
Highland, MI 48357
(248) 887-4523 4.1 PK
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.