Friends Preschool & Kindergarten
Friends is a state licensed program for children ages 21/2 to 6.
We are a blend of Montessori Philosophy and traditional early childhood development.
Our staff of 9 provide a quality program that enables each child to blossom at his/her own rate.
Classes are offered each day for all age groups. The scheduling of classes is based upon parental/child needs and our availablility.
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 74 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- The foundational principle of Friends is to share our faith in God (our creator), His Word, His Son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit with the children and families we have serve. Furthermore, it is our responsibility to provide an environment that fosters spiritual, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical growth through Biblical materials, literature, language development, math concepts, art, music, drama, and physical activities.Our program incorporates the Montessori philosophy with a Christian base. We observe the child to determine his/her interests and needs. We utilize the introduction of practical life, sensorial, language and math materials/activities to promote socialization and learning. We also, strive to assist each child in gaining the skills needed to become independent and creative. Our goal is to move our students to the next level of learning.We Provide: Parent/Tot classes, Pre-school, Pre-Kindergarten, Young-five's full or day sessions, Kindergarten classes are scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with full days. We have half days that begin at 9:00 am and end at 11:30 am or begin at 12:30 pm and end at 3:00 pm. Our full day program runs from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. We allow for a lunch option for any half day students that extends their day by 1 hours for an extra $5.00.We are state licensed and abide by all of Michigan`s Department of Human Service rules. All staff members are licensed, have first aid training and CPR training. During the school year all staff members participate in ongoing educational workshops and opportunities.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Friends Preschool & Kindergarten. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.