Great River Christian School
- Great River Christian School was born out of the desire to teach children the Good News of God`s Word.
- We believe God has called us here to fulfill His commission.
- GRCS began in a park the summer of 1996. Parents and grandparents met together for prayer at picnic tables while their children played nearby. Many weeks they met and prayed for wisdom and guidance to begin the work laying heavy on their hearts.
- Every step was bathed in prayer. Paperwork sent to the state was expected to take a year to accomplish.
- It was finished and returned in just two weeks.
Great River Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Cost varies with number of students per family|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cub Scout Pack 226, Good News Club