Holy Name Catholic School
- What sets Holy Name Catholic School apart from other schools is the relationship we have with God, our families, students, our parish, and our community.
- It is our call to ultimately help these children reach an eternal destiny for heaven that makes us most unique.
- We are able to provide an excellent education for our students due in large part to those relationships we form with the children.
- Our mission is to form the whole chil intellectually, spiritually, physically, culturally, and emotionally.
- We teach the children that each of them is a precious gift from our Lord, and that He has given each of them unique gifts and talents.
- It is our job, in union with the parents, to develop those gifts and talents so that they may be given back to God, by serving our fellow man and community.
- This unique integration in the classroom and all subjects we teach, help children understand and develop true pride in themselves, a sense of worth, and an ability to strive to the best of their abilities; ultimately developing a love for learning, self-discipline, and a willingness to serve others.
- Holy Name Catholic School offers affordable tuition for non-Catholic families.
- We have a pre-kindergarten program for four year olds and offer an all day kindergarten.
- We offer Christ centered educational excellence for students through the 6th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||No tuition for children of active parish families. Holy Name Catholic School offers a PreKindergarten program for 4 year-old students. They attend Monday through Fridays, from 7:50 AM to 11:00 AM. PreK tuition for Non-Catholic families is $1,125.00 for the school year.K - 6th grade Non-Catholic families are eligible for scholarships reducing tuition from $4,000 per year to $2,500 per year. (Payments of $250 per month for 10 months.) The first payment is due by September 1, and by the first of every month thereafter.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Battle of the Books
Arts and Music Programs:
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winfield Grades: PK-6 | 58 students
910 Mound St
Winfield, KS 67156
(620)221-1820 0.9 PK-6
- Arkansas City Grades: PK-12 | 90 students
138 E Kansas Ave
Arkansas City, KS 67005
(620)442-0022 9 PK-12
- Wellington Grades: PK-8 | 92 students
205 N Hoover Rd
Wellington, KS 67152
(620)326-5596 23.1 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.