Holy Name Catholic School
Tel: (620) 221-0230
- What sets Holy Name Catholic School apart from other schools is the relationship we have with God, our families, students, our parish, and our community.
- It is our call to ultimately help these children reach an eternal destiny for heaven that makes us most unique.
- We are able to provide an excellent education for our students due in large part to those relationships we form with the children.
- Our mission is to form the whole chil intellectually, spiritually, physically, culturally, and emotionally.
- We teach the children that each of them is a precious gift from our Lord, and that He has given each of them unique gifts and talents.
- It is our job, in union with the parents, to develop those gifts and talents so that they may be given back to God, by serving our fellow man and community.
- This unique integration in the classroom and all subjects we teach, help children understand and develop true pride in themselves, a sense of worth, and an ability to strive to the best of their abilities; ultimately developing a love for learning, self-discipline, and a willingness to serve others.
- Holy Name Catholic School offers affordable tuition for non-Catholic families.
- We have a pre-kindergarten program for four year olds and offer an all day kindergarten.
- We offer Christ centered educational excellence for students through the 6th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||No tuition for children of active parish families. Holy Name Catholic School offers a PreKindergarten program for 4 year-old students. They attend Monday through Fridays, from 7:50 AM to 11:00 AM. PreK tuition for Non-Catholic families is $1,125.00 for the school year.K - 6th grade Non-Catholic families are eligible for scholarships reducing tuition from $4,000 per year to $2,500 per year. (Payments of $250 per month for 10 months.) The first payment is due by September 1, and by the first of every month thereafter.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Battle of the Books
Arts and Music Programs:
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winfield Grades: PK-6 | 61 students
910 Mound St
Winfield, KS 67156
(620) 221-1820 0.9 PK-6
- Arkansas City Grades: PK-12 | 90 students
138 E Kansas Ave
Arkansas City, KS 67005
(620) 442-0022 9 PK-12
- Wellington Grades: PK-8 | 99 students
205 N Hoover Rd
Wellington, KS 67152
(620) 326-5596 23.1 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.