Immaculate Conception-St. Joseph School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Prekindergarten - Grade 3: 1431 N. North Park Avenue; Grades 4- 8, Tot Program: 363 W. Hill Street
Chicago, IL 60610
Chicago, IL 60610
Tel: (312) 944-0304 Ext. 109
- Immaculate Conception-St. Joseph provides a rigorous academic curriculum rooted in Catholic tradition and contemporary teaching methods.
- Our school promotes a diverse and inclusive environment, and instills social values of responsibility, compassion, and service to others.
- Faculty and students benefit from state-of-the-art facilities to support the cognitive, social, spiritual, and physical development of the whole child.
- Our unique co-teaching model and low student-to-teacher ratio allow for differentiated and personalized learning.
- We are a community of learners, teachers, and parents who share a common philosophy of cooperation, civility, and respect.
- Our goal is to create a community where every child develops the skills to succeed as faith-filled leaders in our contemporary world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||471 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 6|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,800|
|Tuition Notes||Before school and after school care programs are available for an additional cost. Financial Aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Corey Jacobson|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Ballet, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, Chess, Debate Club, Kids' Table Cooking Class, Lego Master Builders, Robotics, Service Club, Student Council, Yearbook, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Film Making, Musical Theater, Rock Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
An application for admission includes
- A $100.00 non-refundable fee
- A copy of the child`s birth certificate
- A copy of the child`s baptismal certificate (if applicable)
- People that viewed Immaculate Conception-St. Joseph School also viewed these schools: Bennett Day School, British International School of Chicago, Lincoln Park, British International School of Chicago-South Loop, Catherine Cook School and Chicago Grammar School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: NS-5 | 515 students
814 W. Eastman Street
Chicago, IL 60642
(773) 907-5000 0.7 NS-5
- Chicago Grades: NS-12 | 671 students
161 West 9th Street
Chicago, IL 60605
(773) 998-2472 2.6 NS-12
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 573 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 266-3381 0.1 NS-8
ICSJ has been incredibly valuable to our family and has fostered great growth for both of our children. They have different learning styles and personalities, and both have found teachers who encourage them to learn and become compassionate, empathetic young adults. We're confident our kids are challenged academically, while their individual talents and interests are also encouraged. Plus, the community is supportive, positive and "normal" in the best possible way!
- Posted by Parent - Parent of Two
Our experience with ICSJ has been positive. The two teachers per classroom allows for individualized attention to a small group of kids. The parent community is engaging and fun. There are a variety of specials and extracurriculars offered which are more than most schools. It is in an engaging and diverse neighborhood but the student body lives across the entire city. Two thumbs up as a parent of two elementary school kids.
- Posted by Parent - Melissa Stump
I have been lucky enough to have children attend ICSJ School for over 9 years. While my children have different personalities and learning styles, they have each been challenged and nurtured throughout their time at ICSJ. The Co-teaching model allows them to get the support they need to be successful students. The friendships they have formed are long lasting, and the parent community is our extended family in the city.
- Posted by Parent - chicagomom
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.