- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 77 students
- Yearly Tuition: $66,500
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
We follow the methods of Dr. Maria Montessori. Our method is based on respect of the individual child and his/her individual timetable for growth and development. We seek to build "not only good mathematicians, proficient linguists, profound scientists, or brilliant literary lights, but also honest men [and women] with virtue, temperance, and brotherly love. We seek to make men and women who prize truth, justice, wisdom, benevolence, and self-control as the choicest acquisitions of a successful life."Treasures of Life, comp. Claire Middlemiss (1962), 472.
Lighthouse Montessori is dedicated to and rooted in the philosophy and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori. Through her life work as a physician and anthropologist, she established many revolutionary educational premises.Lighthouse Montessori Farm School's method is based on respect of the individual child and his/her individual timetable for growth and development. Each day we strive to:
- Awaken a love of learning, a passion for knowledge, and a joy of creativity in each student.
- Provide a peaceful, secure, prepared environment where children long to be.
- Help children discover their abilities, find their independence and develop their self confidence.
- Foster a strong sense of self, respect for others and an ability to work as part of a group.
- Develop a strong academic foundation and a repertoire of life skills in each of our students.
- Create and provide programs which will heighten a child's development through the processes of exploration and discovery with concrete materials, while nurturing a natural curiosity and a love of learning.
- Provide a reliable source of care, support, information and training for families.
Endorse Lighthouse Montessori. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards