- Lighthouse Montessori School's mission is to provide children with an enriching, joyful school environment where they can discover and develop their inner potential, grow and develop at their own pace, and learn respect for self, others, and their environment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Montessori Council (IMC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$66,500|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$66,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on child's schedule. Please contact the school for exact details and cost.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Laurie Robinson|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Alpine SkiingAlpine Skiing|
We follow the methods of Dr. Maria Montessori. Our method is based on respect of the individual child and his/her individual timetable for growth and development. We seek to build "not only good mathematicians, proficient linguists, profound scientists, or brilliant literary lights, but also honest men [and women] with virtue, temperance, and brotherly love. We seek to make men and women who prize truth, justice, wisdom, benevolence, and self-control as the choicest acquisitions of a successful life."Treasures of Life, comp. Claire Middlemiss (1962), 472.
Lighthouse Montessori is dedicated to and rooted in the philosophy and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori. Through her life work as a physician and anthropologist, she established many revolutionary educational premises.Lighthouse Montessori Farm School's method is based on respect of the individual child and his/her individual timetable for growth and development. Each day we strive to:
- Awaken a love of learning, a passion for knowledge, and a joy of creativity in each student.
- Provide a peaceful, secure, prepared environment where children long to be.
- Help children discover their abilities, find their independence and develop their self confidence.
- Foster a strong sense of self, respect for others and an ability to work as part of a group.
- Develop a strong academic foundation and a repertoire of life skills in each of our students.
- Create and provide programs which will heighten a child's development through the processes of exploration and discovery with concrete materials, while nurturing a natural curiosity and a love of learning.
- Provide a reliable source of care, support, information and training for families.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Idaho Falls Grades: PK-6 | 100 students
2970 1st St
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
(208)524-4730 3.6 PK-6
- Idaho Falls Grades: 1-12 | 32 students
Po Box 2393
Idaho Falls, ID 83403
(208)523-2191 6.5 1-12
My 5 year old has just started her 2nd year at Lighthouse Montessori. She is in Kindergarten and is already reading and doing basic math. I love that they not only teach her the basics, but also grace, courtesy and what it means to be a friend. My 3 year old son also just started his 2nd year. He is a budding artist, and is being taught to write his letters and moving up to writing his name (at 3 years old). I love how Lighthouse Montessori fosters their budding talents, and will not hold them back based on age. Highly recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - joros