Malaika Early Learning Center
- Malaika Early Learning Center is a unique facility dedicated to the young children of Milwaukee.
- We are a state-licensed childcare center and a private/choice 4 and 5 year old kindergarten program that provides a safe, nurturing place for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old to learn and grow.
- Our mission is to work collaboratively with families to establish a strong academic, social and emotional base in the lives of the children we serve.
- Research has shown, unfortunately, that life outcomes are largely determined by the time a child reaches 1st grade.
- The basic social, intellectual, and emotional foundation developed in those early years become the critical factor for future growth, development and social integration.
- Malaika's goal is to give all children a strong foundation, regardless of their socio-economic status or family structure.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.